Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yabause PSP v0.1a

PSP Coder

Default Yabause PSP v0.1a

I've been trying to keep quite about this (sniper knows about it) but bleh.

I got bored recently and finaly got off my ass and ported yabause to psp. It runs ungodly slow at 3-5fps depending on the game. Some games that were compatible are not compatible (strange memory bugs seem to be corupting some parts).

Anyways if anybody is interested I'm willing to post a build providing nobody leaks it (or I will have your balls in a lovely vise grip for that).

- to sniper -
    Due to my msn sucking balls recently. Can you post any progress you've obtain from it?

-- edit --
    Ok here is the source and binary (eboot in the rar).

Input should be roughly
    Saturn = Psp
    D-Pad = D-Pad
    A = X
    B = Circle
    C = Left Trigger (I think)
    X = Square
    Y = Triangle
    Z = Right Trigger (I think)
    Start = Start

Again keep to your self :P

Ignore the sub folder. This is using the latest "yabause-0.8.6" source (started with 8.5 but updated to 8.6)

Ugh, methinks we need to use a different IM

Anyway, heres a pic

PSP Coder

Post what it gets for FPS performance also :P

I've been trying to keep quite about this (sniper knows about it) but bleh.

I got bored recently and finaly got off my ass and ported yabause to psp. It runs ungodly slow at 3-5fps depending on the game. Some games that were compatible are not compatible (strange memory bugs seem to be corupting some parts).

Anyways if anybody is interested I'm willing to post a build providing nobody leaks it (or I will have your balls in a lovely vise grip for that).

- to sniper -
    Due to my msn sucking balls recently. Can you post any progress you've obtain from it?
    wow, nice one man.... lol, lately DS has been taking down the threads that ask if Saturn emulation on the psp is even posible stating "no, it will never happen" ..... looks like you proved him wrong

im quite impressed with this, and i would sure love to try it

Ugh, methinks we need to use a different IM

Anyway, heres a pic
    lol, MSN has been $#@!ting out on me too lately... i get annoyed esspecially when im sending screenshots of my work ( even when im on highspeed!!! ) i guess a all around im proggy would be good... ( i think someone recommended me pigeon... )

nice screenshot btw

anyway, working on a few things.... its good to see the monkey man talking again

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Well my camera kinda sucks so I had to make a video

Blog Entries

ahh now i understand, Sega Saturn on PSP what a Cool tech demo

Heh, seeing saturn on psp, cool stuff =)

(OT: If you own Warhawk and you have some time maybe we should have a game sometime :P)
    secret message!
    I used to have a signature here.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

full speed/ playable speed Saturn emus are not possible, is what I said. There have been over 100+ "saturn psp emu please" topics, it gets annoying after a while. from what bluecrab says a full speed saturn emu on the dc is not possible, but a playable speed might be as the dc uses sh4 chips while that saturn used sh2.... but I mainly talk out of my ass so i could be wrong .

PSmonkey you should check out #dcemu on irc, bluecrab is there 80%, you could have a chat about yabouse.

nice work btw

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    full speed/ playable speed Saturn emus are not possible, is what I said. There have been over 100+ "saturn psp emu please" topics, it gets annoying after a while. from what bluecrab says a full speed saturn emu on the dc is not possible, but a playable speed might be as the dc uses sh4 chips while that saturn used sh2.... but I mainly talk out of my ass so i could be wrong .

PSmonkey you should check out #dcemu on irc, bluecrab is there 80%, you could have a chat about yabouse.

nice work btw
    Well truthfuly. It would take a crap load of work to make a playable saturn emulator on the PSP. I really dont have time for that but i've been currious as hell to see saturn run on the psp in the first place. Yabause was a lot easier to port then I originaly though so I went a head while I had some free time. I might continue to parse over the source to see if I can't get the fps to something more around 10fps but i'm not holding my breath.

Something worth noting is that yabause on the PSP with the null GFX driver seems to actualy run somewhat fast (like 6-10fps, thats fast imo for a unoptimised port). So maybe if I rewrite the gl plugin to fully use the psp nativly and not my current port of the GL code I might see some improvements performance wise.

I might be talking out of my ass but I also think yabause idle code is posibly a waste of performance (sure will boost small loops but it's a huge cost to add on every instruction cycle unless it only happens so often).

** Just a note **
    Nobody is to discuss this anywhere. I personaly am douting I will even let this get out publicly (this forum is a different story). If I did my name is in no way suppost to be associated with the port due to work contracts. So if someone casualy discusses this with others or on irc, don't mention me at all.

Blog Entries

if you ever wanted it go public i can resurrect anonymous coder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information