Thread: GBA SP screen modding ?

Default GBA SP screen modding ?

Hi . I have a GBA SP , the old version with the front illuminated screen . I'm not satisfied at all with it and i was thinking ,is there anything an electronist can do to it to have more brightness ? Change those leds to more powerful ones ?
    I even read somewhere on the net that underneath the battery there is a knob you can switch to give the screen acces to more of the power ,thus making it brighter .
    Do you know of any of these possible ?
    Just look at the difference between the old and the new GBA ,i really want to do something to make it brighter even if the battery will last less.

No one has any idea ? Should i go to a gsm service ? I'm thinking they have better experience with LCD screens..

Get a psp, add a custom firmware, get gpsp a gameboy advance emulator and u can have the maximum brightness without the hassle of opening things up.

Or you could trade ur old sp for a backlit one (only available in graphite and pear blue i think)it will be much brighter than ur old Sp model. I only owned the original GBA with the afterburner mod because the Sp's are too uncomfortable so im not so sure if that mod would work on the old sp.

Thread Information