Thread: Pce-CD Emulator For The PSP?

Default Pce-CD Emulator For The PSP?

I just got my PSP yesterday (YEY!), and I was wondering if any of the PCE emulators support CD games. I really have a hankerin' to play some YS, Splash Lake, Exile, Lords of Thunder and Rondo of Blood on the go.

If anyone knows of a Pce-CD emulator, please let me know!

DCEmu Newbie

I just tried HuE for PSP 0.70. It's pretty good. Lots of Hu Cards work great. I found some issues with some game like graphics glitches and Air Zonk locks up when you press up. It's too bad that it hasn't been updated in almost 2 years even though the source code was released with the emulator.

From what I heard this emu plays mp3+iso PCE games. I'm not sure how the compatibility is since I just got it and have not played any CD games yet.

It plays full speed and the sound is pretty good. I wish someone would pick this project up. It's very overdue for an update.

Hmmm... You're right, it does support CD games. I can't figure out how to load them for the life of me though. I'm sure you need the PCE-CD bios in there somewhere.

If anyone has loaded CD games with this, please let me know how!

I posted a long time ago how play CD games in Hue and PCEP.
    PECP- The best PCE emulator, the worst defect is the absense of the music loop in CD soundtracks.

Hue - it showed too unstable playing YS and Castlevania... sometimes it freezes saving SRAM. And the latest version DOESN´T PLAY CD MUSICS ! A major fault. The older ones plays but the SRAM problem is worse.

To play an CD game you need the Super-CD/CD card rom .You need to the files of CD (some iso and mp3 files). I wont say where you can found this files or how rip the CD because it´s against Dcemu´s rules.

Well... once you have the files you need build a the TOC file of the CD. Go to this site ( http://www.necstasy.net/) and copy the table (copy the TEXT !) of your game. Just create a .toc file (Ex: castlevania.toc) in Notepad and paste the content of the table.Save it.

Once you made the TOC file rename the files to 01,02,03 preserving the file extencion (i.e. Track03.mp3 must be 03.mp3)

Put all then in a folder in your MC and start Hue/PCEP. In the options in "TOC file" select the toc file of your game. Start the emulator using the Cuper-CD/CD card and be happy !

I´m playing Ancient Book of Ys 1&2 now... it´s sooo good !

OBS: Castlevania have some trouble with musics... it aways play the wrong track, but the game stills playable.

Thanks alot, man! I got it working on PECP, but I still can't get it working on HuE. PECP is better though, right?

Time to bust out my old collection and rip me some Splash Lake! Lol

My fav working CD games on PCEP are 'R-type complete cd version' (which in my view is the best version on any format of this game - the music and animations are amazing) and also 'Drack X' while on Hue 'Stirder' kicks ass (loads of cool animations and an extra level not in the arcade version).

They all seem to run very nicely too (although if i remember corretly i had to convert the mp3s to make them all work).

I've been after' Fighting Street' for some time now (basicly an excellent street fighter 1 port) but alas I cant track it down. ...does anybody know if this games runs well on the psp?

Lol, Fighting Street is actually 100% arcade perfect. Complete with all those cheesey, badly recorded voice clips.

I have the original in my collection. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    Lol, Fighting Street is actually 100% arcade perfect. Complete with all those cheesey, badly recorded voice clips.

I have the original in my collection. I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.

That would be great if you could let me know if it works well or not on the psp? :thumbup:

That games like gold dust to get hold of now.

edIt: Forget my last statement, I just won it on ebay for $6.

Thread Information