Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapthis With Vectordata... A Dream!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Mapthis With Vectordata... A Dream!!!

Mapthis With Vectordata?!
    HY Deniska. Your Map- App. is really great, but needs a lot of memory. So i had an Idea how to solve this Problem: Couldn't you write a Program that generates "vector-data" instead of image files? Perhaps you could use googlemap's routes-generating function and implement it into a new programm that generates different routes from a selectet area and writes the vectordata in a special output-file... I'm sure that vectordata could be the key to a faster and better "psp-homebrew-gps future " ... the biggest problem is that it would be a huge work and this needs a lot of time (if it is technically possible)... btw.: anyway, thank you for the great gps application!!! I hope, you or some other psp-gps enthusiasts will take care of this vectorproblem in future !!

There are not too many free and reliable sources of vector data... Tiger line data (free US source) is far from complete.. and other parts of the wourld are in even worse shape...
    quering google for millions of routes in hopes to cover all the streets will probably yeild even worse vector data and possible legal problems with google for DOS attacks (BTW, they will ban your IP after ~10000 routing requests)
    Again, feel free to prove me wrong and write some prove of concept code which yields some good vector data

DCEmu Pro

deniska: where did you read the info about 10.000 requests? And is there a specific timeframe for that?

in7ane and I did a small geodata diggin' research project... check his last gmdl version...
    not sure about specific frame rate but you can try it yourself and find out..

DCEmu Newbie

There exists a program (named "sbuilderx")which shows images from sources as googlemaps. You can create routes and export the coordinates in a text file. The only problem is , that you have to make all routes manually, so there should be developped a software like "ReadIris" which analyzes the picture and draws automatically routes over the colored roads... Deniska: pls. take a look at this program!! grettings. TINKONG

DCEmu Newbie

btw: sbuilderx was developped for flightsimulator x!

DCEmu Newbie

you could also take a look at this http://vgmap.eyebeamresearch.org/

DCEmu Newbie

how about using the maps from openmoko??

http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?t...&printable=yes

Navit is an open source project that supports lots of different vector maps

http://navit.wiki.sourceforge.net/

I am working on vector maps functionality implementation.. but don't expect it too soon...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I am working on vector maps functionality implementation.. but don't expect it too soon...
    To think you're actually working on it is already awesome. Dude you guys are doing an amazing job!! I can't give you enough props :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information