Thread: COD4 Multiplayer beta launches tomorrow on Xbox LIVE in the UK and Ireland.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

xbox 360 COD4 Multiplayer beta launches tomorrow on Xbox LIVE in the UK and Ireland.

Activision announced today that Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer beta will launch via Xbox LIVE in the UK and Ireland on Friday 7th September. Users can visit www.cod4beta.co.uk for details on how to obtain their token and the opportunity to experience some of the maps and modes available in multiplayer before the game hits store shelves on November 9th

The beta came out in north america in August, but there was a bit of touble caused by an exploit.

The only way to get the beta is to preorded from Game or via Eurogamer and Gamespot.

Update: Eurogamer have them out now, only 18400 keys remaining at time of post!
    Hurry get it now!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Update they are giving it out now!

Acorn Electron User

Thanks for the heads up man. I've been hovering round the charlieoscardelta site for some time now, waiting on news of the Beta in UK.

Just requested my code. Now it's just a matter of the small wait until the 10th when the codes get rolled out.

Can't wait.

EDIT: Just got my code from activison today (12th Aug) and have had time to spend an hour on CoD4 Beta. My first impressions are good. It plays very well, is fluid and fast paced. I've not noticed the lag that's present in CoD3 and getting into matches is quick and painless.

It's nice that you can customise your player's kit and I'm glad that the sprint function is there too (I use it so much on CoD3 online now that I seriously miss it in the single player mode and end up bringing up the binoculars all the time by mistake).

It looks good, perhaps not amazing, all very gritty and urban. I'd hope and expect that the final release will show some improvements. I don't have an HDTV so maybe it all looks sweeter on a Hi Def set. The online beta modes are limited but are enough - team deathmatch, free for all and a mode I haven't tried yet which appears to be a small team DM with some objectives. I hope they include the usual Capture the Flag and the War mode from CoD3 would be good too.

So, so far so good. Anyone else had a go yet?

Thread Information