Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: SNES, SEGA & NES Games and Emulators, what works, what doesn't and how they stack up

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Cross, do you know how I can overclock the uoSnes9x ver y25 emulator? The games are running a little 'slow' (good examples: Mario World, Maximum Carnage & Death Return Of Superman). I've read posts on the board talking about ver y26, which I can't find, that supposedly improves the slowness. I just figured if you can overclock the other emulators...than maybe you can for this one too.

I don't want to overclock it to 333mhz if I don't have...I was thinking 266mhz would be a great improvement. I've read that 333mhz could damage the memory card/PSP themselves...

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer.

You should read about overclocking listed next to every EMU here, its not really Overclocking, the PSP comes made to run @ 333mhz. Sony clocked it down to improve battery life. You will not damage anything on the system because it is currently underclocked. Just look at the Need to know Info you will see the explanation as well. Your fine using 333mhz. I use it all the time.

However to change the speed in UO SNES push the Thumb Stick Left and the last option before the Rom's List shows the processor speed pushing left or right changes the speed setting.

It would seem FF3/6 does nothave the further Sound Problems.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man am I getting tired of people asking if its okay if they "overclock" there PSP to 333mhz

P.S keep updating on this forum cross its going great.

Its ok Kasier, some ppl miss it, everyone makes mistakes its how they handle them that counts. You should see the gentleman PMing me now to attack me for the WinPSP thread.

I am starting to think that even though I am reporting it I should make a thread here and post it all. I believe myself to have been trying to help but i guess that would be the sure fire way to find out.

first off...how yall doin... im lovin the emu scene for the psp..... i jus had one question.... now...i konw that snes9x is decent....but..... is anyone gonna try to convert over Zsnes? that was and still is in my opinion, the best snes emu available. never had any problems with speed...unlike snes9x.....well....at least when i was emulatin, all the time... FEDs ran in my crib....took my old pc.... which thankfully, didnt have my geforce 6800 gt 256mb ddr3 video card in it...but they took all my emu and "pirated" software..... haha...great thing is...thats not what they were lookin for...so i cant be busted on it...haha..... sorry.... thanks

whats the good neogeo cd emu? there are two, but which one, i just wanna play metal slug 1 and 2 (3?)

... no ZSNES will not make it, however if ur not using that Geforce 6800 and its an AGP version I'll take it. Even trade ya my 9800 Pro 256 for it lol.

Anyway on Neo Geo I do not own any games hints I have no way to test it but maybe I will go see if I can find something on eBay, everyone seems to enjoy Metal Slug maybe thats the one for me. Any suggestions besides that? I think I played an arcade version and really did not like it.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the info Cross. Are there any updates or emulators for N64 & Gameboy games? It seems like the PSP is powerful enough to at least emulate the Gameboy games decently.

DCEmu Rookie

The Legend of Zelda (A Link to the Past)..with this game there is constant static

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information