Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Details on the "Killer " Handheld

DCEmu Newbie

soooooo then. is it the successor to the gp2x or a totally different animal? i know the touch screen GPH gp2x thingy is new but apart from the touch screen its not something i would ever buy..........

DCEmu Regular

This is a totally different animal from the Gp2x. Craigix is just a distributor of the GP2x, but is hard at work with a bunch of other devs that have already worked on stuff for the GP2x to get this console going. At gp32x.com there is a thread going on about what's going to be in the new console and how much it will be depending on what SoC it's going to have.

800x400? thats nothing. have you seen the new Archos 5th gen that is supposedly coming out. It's rumoured 800x480 which is amazing...er.
    although i got to admit, im excited about this one. hopefully it won't be too expensive...

imagine PS2 or if ur lucky 360 graphics on a handheld, man id get one

This thing looks incredible. I am definitely getting one.

Sounds quite nice.

As others have said, screen size isn't tied to resolution.

All your old CRT tvs from 32cm to 68cm are the same res, just bigger pixels. Nintendo consoles used to have something about recommending using the smallest TV you have in the manual, to make the games look better.

I believe the GBA micro has the same res screen as the bigger models despite its smaller size also.

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    Sounds quite nice.

As others have said, screen size isn't tied to resolution.

All your old CRT tvs from 32cm to 68cm are the same res, just bigger pixels. Nintendo consoles used to have something about recommending using the smallest TV you have in the manual, to make the games look better.

I believe the GBA micro has the same res screen as the bigger models despite its smaller size also.

All true, thanks for pointing these things out.

There's also a picture now but i'm not sure if that's the same thing.

I sure hope that this thing has bluetooth because that would be a bad hit to not have that implemented into it. Also, would you guys mind posting a small list of the things that you can do with the GP2X? I know it can play a good amount of emulators and it is a great media player but I am wondering how well it can play PS1 games. I am also curious as to to whether or not it can emulate any N64 games. Do you guys think this next version will be able to easily emulate N64 and PS1 games? Maybe gamecube if we're lucky? What are you guys hoping for out of this device and what are your favorite uses of the GP2x? I am also curious to see how big the GP2X is, bigger than the PSP, DS? And I sure hope the new version has a d-pad and two analog sticks plus R1, R2, L1, and L2. It really needs those in order to be an ultimate emulator.

Since this isn't a GPH device, I wonder if it can get the support it needs to thrive. I hope it can.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information