Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP: CPS1PSP, CPS2PSP, NCDZPSP & MVSPSP for FW 3.xx (and PSP Slim!)

To clear things up...

I read on another site that this build is actually created from the 2.0 source... so to get the games menus to work you need to press Start and Select together to access the configuration menus & game select screens instead of pressing Home.

AhMan took the source code from NJ's site but said that the newest one he could find was 2.0 and not the more recent 2.06.

Looks like for now the Phat PSP has the newest versions of these great emus.

DCEmu Regular

I got this njemu_source_20061225.zip, so is it latest?

nvm: i got 2007 version which the same with Ahman's.
    i guess NJ didnt release 2.0.6 source.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Neo geo mvs buggy

mvs has display bugs
    well is the first version working on psp slim
    it will be solved

DCEmu Newbie

anybody know where i can get SNK roms?

also, is there a NES emulator available for the PSP-SLIM 3.60 M33 yet?

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KL316 View Post
    anybody know where i can get SNK roms?
    Sure, you can find it HERE, please enjoy.

DCEmu Newbie

question...does neogeo run smoothly on psp? cause SNES seems to run a bit slowly.....

DCEmu Regular

yes

DCEmu Newbie

I have loaded the MVSPSP onto my memorystick.

i converted the roms with the attached program and i transfered it to my card "I:\PSP\GAME\mvspsp\cache\ncombat_cache"(ninja combat). I copied the entire folder into the cache folder. is this correct?

however when i try to load roms, i get the bios not found message.

I downloaded a set of bios I found from some dude's myspace but I dont know where to put them. when I put them in the main directory i still get the bios not found message.

anybody got any advice? or some sort of walkthrough?

also, which MSVPSP program should I use?
    mvspsp_2.0.6_adhoc_fw3x
    or
    mvspsp_2.0.6_fw3x

if i dont intend to play online, can i STILL use the adhoc version?

Press Select + Start simultaneously to enter the menu.
    Discovered it by accident.

I upgraded to these files, and all of the roms work great without the need to recache them, except for two which happen to be broken,

1. SvC Chaos (MVS) - svc.zip
    2. Samurai Showdown 5 - samsho5.zip

They are working fine on the 1.50 eboot but I get a

File not found or CRC incorrect "CPU1" error on svc.zip.

If I remember samsho5.zip gives me the same error , or it is the same error but "GFX3" (I think).

What made these games break?

I now have two versions of MVSPSP running on my system (Phat PSP, 3.52 M33, GAME150 folder, 3.52 Kernel mode) due to the mentioned errors. What's funny is that they work fine on the original eboots.

DCEmu Newbie

Clarifications:
    • AhMan did these ports for fun and did not intend to do any support on them. They are also not mean for Slim users exclusively since they will also work in GAME3xx folders with CFW on Phat PSPs.
    • The HOME button is not available in user mode. You CAN, however, still bring up the in-game menu with START+SELECT.
    • All emulator source code was downloaded directly from NJ's homepage and tagged as 2.0.6 but some emu source code is actually at 2.0.0 - this means that the newer source code was never uploaded to NJ's homepage so it cannot be ported. There's nothing AhMan or anybody else than NJ can do about that.
    • As a consequence you will need to find rom converters for 2.0.0 for some of the emulators instead and they will work then. Which ones I can't remember right now. Try it out. One I know for sure is MVSPSP. Not sure if there's any more improperly tagged.
    • The Slim's extended memory cannot currently be utilized until the PSP toolchain is updated. AhMan, however, has no interest in optimizing these emulators anyway. However, the updated source code is there and other people can build on it if they wish.
    • Being able to utilize the Slim's additional memory would not benefit the emulation in any way, however. RAM was never an issue with these emulators. Processing power more so.
    • The PSP's Media Engine ("ME") is only available in kernel mode, so these fw3.xx user mode emulator ports cannot make use of it's performance boost to the emulation. Instead of crying about how the ME version works so much better on the Phat PSP be thankful for having these great emus on your Slim already at this early stage.
    • Don't expect any support for these emus or any further ports by AhMan ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information