Thread: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition)

Blog Entries

xbox 360 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition)

Released today at Play Asia

features
    Good and evil: Create and play any character you can imagine, from noble warrior to sinister assassin to wizened sorcerer.
    Melee and magic: An all-new combat and magic system brings first person role-playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
    Stunning graphics: Pixel-shader effects and high-definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.
    Radiant A.I.: This groundbreaking artificial intelligence system gives characters full round-the-clock schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them.
    Realistic characters: The game features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech.
    Enormous environments: With its non-linear game play, the huge world of Oblivion is open for you to explore at your own pace, and shorter quests such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, creating magic items, and persuading friends keep the challenges coming.

description
    Step into the most richly detailed and vibrant game world ever created. The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ is the latest chapter in the epic and highly successful saga from Bethesda Softworks. Oblivion is the sequel to the best-selling, award-winning role-playing game (RPG) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind®, named 2002 RPG and Game of the Year for Xbox®. Oblivion is another leap forward in role-playing with its combination of freeform gameplay and cutting-edge graphics.

I ****ing love this game so much.

Well, now I guess I'll have to buy it after reading all this[including gdf's comment], and knowing that it's officially the Game of the Year.

You better, it's incredible.

Plus with this one you get all of the expansion packs, I bought them all already .

I'll get them on the seperate SI/KOTN disc, works out cheaper.

I'll wait for the price to come down personally. I have all these expansions for PC but I'd love playing them on my xbox... not for another $60 though.

DCEmu Newbie

I was waiting for this, cause I want to play this game and the GOTY version is the best choice. I have a question, I had read that the X360 version of the game had some minor bugs, do we know if those bugs have been taken care of in the GOTY version?

You autmatically get them fixed if you connect to Live anyway. I was stuck on a bug for ages.

Thread Information