Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Secrets of PSP Firmware 3.71

Quote Originally Posted by openboxfilms View Post
    Cool, higher flash player, maybe one day we can have YouTube.
    we already have it.

DCEmu Legend

With all those features packed in there, its really gonna suck when fat PSPs run out of flash space. Which might be sooner than we think, since Sony put double the flash in the Slim...

but it looks like maybe they are going to give the fat a chance but well see what the future brings

Well, like I did way back with 2.80/2.81 and 3.30, I've dug through all the module files in firmware 3.71 to see what I could find.

Here's what I've found hidden in 3.71 so far. Take away from this whatever you want; hopefully it'll stir up some speculation and get people interested.

* An official screenshot plugin, which saves either JPEG or PNG images to ms0:/PSP/SCREENSHOT, named *_####.JPG or *_####.PNG
    * Hints at an official web-based content service, possibly for buying music/videos
    * An Xbox Live style network gaming service, including the browser useragent strings related to it (PS3Community-agent/1.0.0 and PSP NP/1.0), using an XML-based method of communicating with the central server

* When you stop viewing an image and return to the list, the image fades out instead of disappearing.

* Custom themes are saved to flash1:/vsh/theme/custom_theme.dat . The 3.71 fw comes with the 'cookies' theme preinstalled, saved as flash0:/vsh/resource/custom_theme.dat .

* The web browser reports the PSP's version as 3.70.

* Registering your PSP with a LocationFree base station makes a file called ms0:/MSSONY/LF/REGISTER/REGISTME.ERD (??? not confirmed, just a guess).

* The HTTP user agent for the LocationFree connection is "LFX HTTP Tunnel Client 1; model=LF-PSP, modeltype=6, generation=3, support=1/2/3, codec=0/2".

* The exact Flash version is "Shockwave Flash 6.0 r72".

* Licenses for DRM-enabled video will be stored as "/PSP/LICENSE/*.PNL", and the video *might* be stored as "ms0:/MPE_ROOT/100AEV01/*.MLV".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information