Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP as a Webcam

yea in fact you'll see very shortly as i'm nearing release of a TRUE pspwebcam that uses the PSP chotto shot and uploads a capture via wifi to a FTP server. this is funny to me how its just a guy connecting cables together.. and its only useful if it works with skype, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, etc. would be great to get feedback

Quote Originally Posted by califrag View Post
    yea in fact you'll see very shortly as i'm nearing release of a TRUE pspwebcam that uses the PSP chotto shot and uploads a capture via wifi to a FTP server. this is funny to me how its just a guy connecting cables together.. and its only useful if it works with skype, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, etc. would be great to get feedback
    I agree, personally, I didn't find this very interesting. He didn't have to engineer any of the parts and he didn't even have to have a eureka moment to do this. He just did what the PSP and vidcap device were designed to do. The PSP slim was designed to output video and the vidcap device was designed to take video and make webstreams.

Gee, I wonder if I could connect the video out on a PSP slim to a portable LCD screen and make the worlds first PSP with a portable screen! I could even connect my camera so I wouldn't have to look at anything directly. I could just look at the portable LCD. It would be the worlds first completely useless application of a PSP slim and portable LCD! World's first! Oh yeah I also made the world's first banana toaster which was covered by ZDNet!

Ok... sorry, getting carried away. That guy just seems like a poser to me.

lol @ banana toaster.. great job psyberjock lol

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post

Gee, I wonder if I could connect the video out on a PSP slim to a portable LCD screen and make the worlds first PSP with a portable screen! I could even connect my camera so I wouldn't have to look at anything directly. I could just look at the portable LCD. It would be the worlds first completely useless application of a PSP slim and portable LCD! World's first! Oh yeah I also made the world's first banana toaster which was covered by ZDNet!

That's funny! A friend of mine and I were just making the same joke when we saw the video-out cables at Gamestop earlier today...

Quote Originally Posted by Psyberjock View Post
    I agree, personally, I didn't find this very interesting. He didn't have to engineer any of the parts and he didn't even have to have a eureka moment to do this. He just did what the PSP and vidcap device were designed to do. The PSP slim was designed to output video and the vidcap device was designed to take video and make webstreams.

A tad cruel. But completely realistic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information