Thread: Remove information from GBA cartridge??

Default Remove information from GBA cartridge??

I just want to know. Is it possible to delete the data from a GBA cartridge and then use it as a memory pak? In is it at all possible to remove anything from the cartridge? Because if you can remove the data from a cartridge and then use it as a memory expansion, then you can use it with the NDS Web Browser. That should be pretty nice, because then I can do it with one of my games, take a look on the pics.

It should be nice if it just worked to put a magnet or something on a special place for a second and then everything was removed, but I don't know.

DCEmu Newbie

magnets only work on hard drives and tape drives not ram. However i did notice it says eeprom on the board. that stands for electronicly eraseable programable read only memory. That means if you can find a way to hoow it up to a PC then chances are you can erase it

GBA games have nothing at all that can be used as RAM. The game's data is stored on write-once ROM. Even if you could write to it, the writing process would be so slow that it would be a horrible idea to try to use it as RAM.

Not gonna work, I understand where you're coming from though, believe me I do.

DCEmu Newbie

His Idea is not bad.

Someone could make a GBA Deleter Homebrew for slot 1.Then put the GBA KART in the GBA Slot and then start the Homebrew with the slot 1.Then it will delete it.Then withi this Homebrew you could maybe put the NDS Browser HAck Patch with this homebrew on it.

Sure, it's a good idea if you can magically transform hardware into something entirely different.

What you're suggesting is similar to the idea of "erasing" a CD you bought at the store and then using the CD as RAM. For one thing, you can't erase it, and even if you could there's no way it could be used as RAM.

Nope, I understand that ! But folks still thinks it works! I know that you can't use a CD(the GBA Cartridge)as RAM. I RAM is circa 1000 times faster than a hard drive, then I can't belive that a CD(that's not as fast as a hard drive)can be used as RAM. Well, someone can lock this thread now, because I've got my question answered.

Thread locked on request.

Thread Information