Thread: Dragon's Lair DS Beta Insider Portal Up!

Default Dragon's Lair DS Beta Insider Portal Up!

We have been given worldwide exclusive first-look at all aspects of Dragon's Lair on the DS! We now have a mini-portal giving eager players a beta-tester's first hand insight on the development of this
    highly anticipated title!

http://dragonslair.dualscreenradio.com/

Gameplay footage coming soon!

DCEmu Newbie

Yay! An actual trial of the attract-mode. Nothing playable but the video quality is nice. Too bad it doesn't run on my GnM card though. :-/ (kicks self in head for not getting an R4)

DCEmu Rookie

Man, this looks like a must-buy. I'll check out the demo when I go home, but the preview video looks nice for the DS.

I never actually played the arcade game (too expensive at the time), but it always looked awesome, and it looks like I'll be able to fulfill a childhood dream on my DS. :P I just hope they give this a full gigabit (or more, if it's possible).

Edit: I just checked out the tech demo, and I must say I'm impressed. I expected a lot of artifacts, like... well... all DS FMV up to now, but I didn't really notice much at all. There's some minor dithering, but even that doesn't look bad. And I calculated the video bitrate (under a conservative assumption - namely that all of it is video and none of it is code, which we all know isn't true) at 530 kbps including audio. That would mean that, for the game's 22 minutes of FMV, total size would come out to about 685 mbits. So yeah, it'll be a 1024 meg card, unless they're just showing off here, or the game itself requires a lower bitrate for the same quality (which is possible, since attract mode presumably has a lot more abrupt scene changes).

GREAT!!

Only.. Dragons Lair was never actually a good game, it just had good graphics.

Oh well....

I didn't realise this project had become a commercial project- I'd played a beta of it months ago and it was looking good. I never much enjoyed this as a kid in the arcades though it seemed more like a mensa memory test than a fun game to play to me. :S

Thread Information