Thread: Heavenly Sword

Blog Entries

ps3 Heavenly Sword

Released today at Import Store Play Asia

features
    The Heavenly Sword – The Heavenly Sword itself can transform into three distinct weapons, each with its own accompanying fighting stance used by Nariko to vary combat styles.
    The Combat Engine – The combat engine can scale up from sophisticated one-on-one encounters to one-on-many, where enemies employ intelligent squad-based dynamics, right up to combat against battalions pushing real-time gameplay and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to unprecedented new levels.
    Physics-Based Combat – The physics-based combat allows players to sweep debris against opponents, kick tables to halt an oncoming surge of fighters, smash the enemy into the scenery, or throw bodies into other enemies using “aftertouch” controls.
    Wide range of Objects & Weaponry – Heavenly Sword provides a wide range of objects & weaponry including rapid fire crossbows and massively damaging bazookas.
    Creative in-game Cinematography – Coupled with real-time story evolvement and amazing set-pieces, Heavenly Sword feels like a blockbuster action movie that takes combat gameplay to new heights.
    PLAYSTATION®3 – Greater processing power on the PS3 enables more immersive visuals and sound effects in Heavenly Sword, heightening the character performance and combat within the stunningly beautiful environments.

description
    Emotionally charged, stunningly beautiful, and delivering unprecedented dramatic character performance, Heavenly Sword™ showcases the power of PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. A dramatic tale of revenge sees Nariko, a fiery red-haired heroine, embark on a quest for vengeance against an invading King and his army. The story builds around the ancient Heavenly Sword, which once belonged to a powerful deity. It can never be wielded by a mortal without it slowly but inevitably draining their life-force.

When the invading King (played by Andy Serkis) destroys the warrior clan that guards the Heavenly Sword, the clan leader’s daughter, Nariko, takes up the sword in a desperate fight for survival. Nariko must now pay the ultimate price as she embarks on one last mission of vengeance against the King and his army before her life is finally and irreparably overtaken by the omnipotent Heavenly Sword…

WOW. This looks really good. How long is the game? And what might the price tag be?

DCEmu Rookie

Average score of 80% on metacritic.

Some fantastic moments in the game and at times it looks astoundingly good. Bit short though but well worth a look.

DCEmu Rookie

This is on my list for this week's shopping.

PS3 User

Yea I own it and must say I cant believe how bad Sony has let me down in how much they hyped these new gen games but although they all look great which was an easy selling point for all of these companies to pitch the games on, the game itself is pretty much a letdown... Thats 2 Sony exlcusive games that are now showing that they failed at what you thought you were getting. Lair I own but am to dissapointed by all the dam reviews to even play it! Heavenly Sword is cool but to short and not much roaming around to be a favorite of mine.

Thread Information