Thread: Online Play for Super Smash Bros Brawl announced (Nintendo Wi-Fi connection)!

Rev Online Play for Super Smash Bros Brawl announced (Nintendo Wi-Fi connection)!

This game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you connect your Wii to the Internet, you can enjoy linked battles with distant people!

For details, click here.

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The more distant you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologize, but I hope you understand.

This is the main menu for Wi-Fi!

There are two primary connection methods. The names of these methods are "With Friends" and "With Anyone." The menus and structures of each method are pretty different.

With Friends
    Wii friends who have registered one another’s names can play together freely.

Register your friends!

If you’re registered as friends, you can check each other’s status. If a friend is online and you earn his or her consent, you can enter a battle.

You can change your icon...

And even send short messages during brawls!

These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the + Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.

With friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls.

With Anyone
    You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Now, while you’re waiting for a match to start, you can kill time with a little practice on Sandbag.

Practice, practice!

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

[via Smashbros]

Its about time they announced it officially.
    But no points for random matches? what up with that?

woooooohooooooooooo finnaly it is official

now all i need is a wii and a copy of this game wen it comes out

[maybe it would be best to put most of this news in a {spoiler} tab so as not to fill the frontpage.]

friend codes need to die

YES! Finally, it was officially announced! That's it, I'm buying the game! Kinda' sucks how you can't see other players' names in random online brawls.

this update just made the game 100 times better!

This update is cool but saddening, friend codes completely spoil the game. I dont care typing in mindless codes but they wont even let you chat before/after with random ppl, so you can re-match, etc, random games is unfair for newbs/experts, we should stleast be able to make our own game rooms. And a lobby is essential. practically every other online game has a lobby of some sort. Nintendo i never thought i would say this, but wake up.

Never the less, this game will still be great, and i will still buy it.

yeah baby! I will look forward to face some of you when it comes out guys.

Blog Entries

Another game to add to my wanting list!

This is what I have been waiting for. OMG, this is soo cool. All I gotta do is grab the copy of the game when it launches plus a VGA box and some other crap for some Mobile Brawl! This game is gonna rock so hard!!!!

Thread Information