Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z, The most Legendary series of all time

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Default Dragon Ball Z, The most Legendary series of all time

It truly is, and I am here to prove to you, that this is by far the most kick ass part of my childhood (even with YTV making it edited so it has an 8+ rating, but it's all good )

I've always enjoyed the Dragon Ball series. Trust me the unedited versions are much better and you can see how it was original directed toward an older audience before funimation got a hold of it! But hey at least they made the original "way it should be versions" available as well it’s just that you wont be catching any of these versions on American TV.

Dream Coder

Dragon Ball > Non Z portion of DBZ (in the manga Z started later) > DBGT > Z

if anything ever happened on that show I might watch it. I remember watching an episode ages ago and literally nothing happened, someone charged up a fireball for a whole half hour. not sure how it was meant to be entertaining...

Banned

I've vatched zat show since the begining and zit vas and stilll is the best show i haf vatched in my life time.

Quote Originally Posted by souLLy View Post
    if anything ever happened on that show I might watch it. I remember watching an episode ages ago and literally nothing happened, someone charged up a fireball for a whole half hour. not sure how it was meant to be entertaining...
    I remember seeing the show in 99 or so, saw it once and the main guy and some enemy were hovering and talking about how they were going to beat each other, didn't see it for a week or 2, saw it again and they were still there.....

They sure know how to stretch out the storylines wherever the show comes from.

that show rocks no one can beat goku gua and my kii is bigger than all of yours guahahaha

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    I remember seeing the show in 99 or so, saw it once and the main guy and some enemy were hovering and talking about how they were going to beat each other, didn't see it for a week or 2, saw it again and they were still there.....

They sure know how to stretch out the storylines wherever the show comes from.
    This is in response to you and soully. The reason for all the "filler" was because this was the first extremely long anime series based on an ongoing manga, and after a certain point they got to parts of the story that literally hadn't been written yet. Since they're source material was entirely the manga, and they for some reason didn't want to just postpone the series for half a year, they ended up stretching what little material they had left out like hell to coincide with the end of the season, so that afterwards they could stop having to do that.

This is why I say that Dragon Ball (the first part of the series/ the first series) and the first season of "Z" are MUCH better than the rest, because all of them were done before the need for filler and don't have those stupid "charging up" scenes. Much less grunting and whatnot much more story. The same can be said about a few of the smaller story arcs in the show, as there were some that existed outside of the manga and were made specifically because they had no more story (which makes the story not as good, but at least no AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH).

For the most part the biggest offender in the series with the whole filler thing is the freiza saga, which for years was everything funimation had dubbed, and thus was replayed on cartoon network like crazy. If either of you saw episodes full of two characters staring at each other and breathing heavily for 20 minutes, odds are they were from that chunk of the show.

So if you ever wanted to see what all the hype was about and watch non-$#@! episdes, try looking at the first 26 episodes.

Fair enough.

I'm not saying the show was that bad, just my main memory of it was of it being really stretched out. I never really saw much of it at all, not that big of an anime fan and I liked sleeping in.

Was the period you mention around the time when the main guy (goku?) was running on some path (i think through space) to get back home?

I seem to remember that going on for freaking ages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information