Thread: Should I port Battlejewels?

Default Should I port Battlejewels?

For detalis of BJ, see here:

http://www.codejedi.com/battlejewels/

Its akin to Capcom's Puzzle Fighter, but blending gem-dropping puzzler with RPG and streetfighter. ie: Play puzzle to get mana to cast spells to blow away opponent, including levelling up and buying gear.

I've been working on the game for more than a year now, for a dozen platforms.

I post now because .. I posted an early early alpha for PSP months ago, but got flamed by dozens of people all over the place, due to similarities to a certain commercial game. (Which annoye dme to no end, since I'd been working on BJ since long before they ever announced their game. Damn my luck they got out first Still, the games are very different, just looking similar from a screenshot of the main battle mode.

I can pop out a PSP build easy as pie .. my build system lets me produce for a half dozen or so platforms. I've just not bothered with a free PSP release again due to being flamed so much last time.

(I also don't really want to step on any toes, including those other lads; their game is good, they worked hard on it, they deserve to win nicely But mine will be free homebrew for the PSP, so wouldnt' dent them.

Anyway, should I release a build for PSP, or just not bother? I'm not interested in being flamed by pspupdates kiddies again

jeff

DCEmu Rookie

it looks & sounds a lot like puzzle quest. i'd go for it, & not give a damn wot these punks think:thumbup:

DCEmu Rookie

I, for one, would love it. I see no reason to flame a project like that. Most homebrew out there is a complete rip off of some other game, sometimes without any veil at all. I love the idea of puzzle quest and I see games like it being made much more due to its success. Just a thought, a sci-fi themed puzzle rpg could be really cool.

Didnt they already port this to the psp i think so i played it yesterday lol.

yeah, I did an early port back about 6mo ago I think; it was just after PQ came out, and hence why all the kiddies flamed me. (They thought it was a total ripoff, when obviously it takes some time to come up with an entire game... you don't rip off something and have a working game a week later :P Anyway, the game has grown quite a bit since that first 'alpha 3' for PSP.

jeff

(Itsnot sci-fi; its fantasy .. too far down that road already

DCEmu Old Pro

Please continue, I liked that game (Any idea if it works on slim? If not, I'll just have to use phat)...

[OFFTOPIC]Hmmm, after seeing this topic about an old homebrew, it makes me wonder if OpenBOR i still being worked on[/OFFTOPIC]

Wow, skeezix, great to see you supporting the PSP again

Of course i (we ?) want this game ported. Nice to see that you try to build a bridge between these two handheld scenes.

Looks good you have my backing lol

Thread Information