Thread: TGS '07: Clank going undercover on PSP

psp TGS '07: Clank going undercover on PSP

Diminutive automaton embarks on a solo mission in 2008's Secret Agent Clank, a new game from High Impact Games.

While the flesh-and-blood-and-fur protagonist Ratchet has always had top-billing in Sony's Ratchet & Clank series of games, the endearing robot sidekick Clank has ironically given the series much of its heart. Now Clank is getting a chance to shine on his own, as developer High Impact Games is hard at work on Secret Agent Clank, a solo adventure starring the diminutive deadpan droid.

"And that, my friends, is why you never juggle fire while decanting kerosene!"

At the game's outset, Ratchet stands accused of a crime he didn't commit, and Clank takes it upon himself to clear his friend's good name. With Ratchet behind bars, Clank dons his suave spy suit and proceeds to test his action hero mettle. The game features a variety of levels, from action-heavy sequences where Clank uses cufflink bombs and other spy gadgets to clear enemies in his path to rhythm-based minigames that let him pass through scripted sequences unharmed.

It wouldn't be in keeping with the Clank's modest personality to hog the entire spotlight, so gamers can expect to take control of legendary blowhard Captain Qwark, as well as Ratchet himself in several levels.

Secret Agent Clank is set for release in 2008. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's hands-on impressions, direct from the Tokyo Game Show.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6179137...ewstop;title;3

DCEmu Legend

Hell yeah!

Daxter is awesome, Ratchet & Clank is incredible, and this game should follow in those footsteps I'm sure. I will look forward to this one.

Somehow I knew this was coming. Since Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are very similar and they released Daxter so yeah... it will be awesome, I know.

The PSP is getting a kick ass line-up.

Thread Information