Thread: Saturn internal mem weirdness.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Saturn internal mem weirdness.

I just got a saturn of of ebay (never had one back in the day).

Anyways, every time I turned it on, it asked for the date/time etc...and sure enough it wasn't keeping saved games after a power off.

I assumed it was the bios battery, and a little internet checking would sugest I was right..

Anyways.. I found a battery in an old pc motherboard I had under the bed.. the correct sort etc etc. and swapped the old battery for this one.

Now...it keeps my savegames after a power off (am using Nights to test)....but it's still asking for the date/time on every power up.

I'm assuming the battery is cool, as the save game is still there.. just the date/time doesn't hold.

Am I missing something obvious?

Sparky.

DCEmu Regular

Might be a flaw with the internal clock. It seriously does sound like a battery issue.. but the fact that it's holding saves now kinda blows that one up. O_o However, it's possible there may have been a problem with the clock already, maybe?

Also, do you unplug the system or switch it off?

Kinda a strange problem.. O_o

Most likely both the original battery you have and the motherboard battery you took are either dead or too weak. Just buy a fresh pack or CR2032's and see if it works, if it doesnt work after giving it a new battery then just buy a memory card. I use a gameshark since it has 4megs of backup memory and its all flash memory so nothing will get lost, you will however have to go threw the time setup every time you turn on if your not using a battery but theres no real point in setting the real time....

Thread Information