Poll: Was this information helpful?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] How to Create a PSX ISO from the Playstation Game Disc

psp [Guide] How to Create a PSX ISO from the Playstation Game Disc

Step 1: You will need to download the following software: Alcohol 52% (Freeware) or Alcohol 120% (Trial, requires purchase) *Note: For this tutorial, I'll be using Alcohol 52% as it is free.*

Alcohol 52% http://mirror5.free-downloads.net/3/...1.9.6.5429.exe (Supported OS: Windows NT 3.x, Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista)

Alcohol 120% http://mirror3.free-downloads.net/3/...1.9.6.5429.exe (Supported OS: Windows NT 3.x, Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista)

Alcohol 120% http://mirror3.free-downloads.net/3/...1_9_5_3105.exe (Supported OS: Windows 98/ME)

Step 2: Install the Alcohol software onto your PC.

Step 3: Open the alcohol application from either your desktop or start menu on the windows task bar.

Step 4: Once the software is open, you will see the main window that displays the drives (physical & virtual) that are attached to your PC. You should also see the "Image Making Wizard" tab on the left side of that same window. If not, you can access it from the file menu. Click File then scroll down to Image Making Wizard and click again.

Step 5: Now that the wizard is open the rest of this process will be a breeze. Insert your PSX game into your PC's CD-Rom/DVD-Rom drive. On the "Datatype" option at the bottom of the wizard, change it to "Playstation". Make sure the box is checked for "Read Sub-Channel Data from current disc". Change the drive's read speed to "Maximum". (Use a slower speed if you have a slow computer) Now, click the Next tab on the wizard to continue.

Step 6: On the "Image Location" box, select where you would like to save this soon to be created ISO. (Use the Windows Desktop for easy file retrieval) Next, title the "Image Name" option in the box to the name of the PSone game you are ripping. (I'll be ripping Parasite Eve, so... the file name is Parasite_Eve or ParasiteEve) Next, change the "Image Format" box to CloneCD Image File(*.ccd). Last, click the Start Tab. The ripping process will take a few minutes to complete. Upon a successful PSX dump, Alcohol will notify you with a sound.

Step 7: Alcohol should have created three (3) files. Your_Game.ccd , Your_Game.img , and Your_Game.sub. Place all three files into a folder that is titled the name of your game. (So, my files look like this - Parasite_Eve.ccd , Parasite_Eve.img , and Parasite_Eve.sub. I created a new folder on the Windows Desktop titled "Parasite Eve" and placed all three files in it.)

Thats all there is to it. You now have a 1:1 ripped PSX ISO of the actual game. *Note: The ISO is not playable on the Sony PSP until it has been converted into an "eboot" file. I will cover that topic in the next tutorial "How to Create a PSX eboot". Also note that these "eboot" files are only playable on a Sony PSP using a custom firmware, such as Dark_AleX OE, Team M33, Team Wildcard, etc.

Alcohol 52% isn't working for me :(

At about 39%, the disc read speed will just take a nose dive, then the program will complain about some "Timeout Error" and abort by itself.

Tried even with an unscratched disc, and it still did this.

>.<;

################################################## #####################

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################
    ********* Time stamp of this log file: 11/7/2007 3:16:06 PM *********
    15:16:06 Processor info: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+ (799MHz)
    15:16:06 Disc dumping: (E:) PHILIPS CDRW/DVD SCB5265(1:0)
    15:16:09 Reading Mode: RAW + SUB-96
    Selected reading speed: Maximum
    15:16:09 Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 469.5 MB / 053:25:04
    15:16:09 Writing image file: D:\Spyro2.img
    15:20:18 Disc read error at: 90897
    15:20:18 Disc dumping failed!
    15:20:18 Error message: [03/02/00] - No Seek Complete
    15:20:19 D:\Spyro2.ccd: Image file writing aborted!
    ################################################## ############################
    That's the error log i get.

DCEmu Newbie

I am trying to do this as well but how do I make the file if I already have the files from the disc on my computer? I no longer have the disc.

can i use a ps2 game or do i have to use a ps1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by darpsplover View Post
    can i use a ps2 game or do i have to use a ps1 game.
    You can't run PS2 games on PSP

i know i was talking about making a ps2 game into a psx iso game

DCEmu Newbie

im trying to make an image but alcohol 120% does not see my psx cd in the drive... :S some one maby knows what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by darpsplover View Post
    i know i was talking about making a ps2 game into a psx iso game
    Lol, no. It still has to run, even if it is a eboot.

PS2 will NEVER be playable on PSP.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Newbie

can you use this guide in PS1 games that has multiple CDs? how do you convert in case you have more than one PS1 disc? please help

for a game with two discs, you just do two ISOs. Then when you're palying and ask you for the second disc, you save and launch the second ISO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information