Thread: Toad's Tool 64 0.5.9b released!

retro Toad's Tool 64 0.5.9b released!

via VL-Tone (10th post on that page)

A new version of the Super Mario 64 level editor, Toad's Tool 64, has been released. 0.5.9 beta fixes a couple of bugs. Here's what VL-Tone had to say:

Version 0.5.9b attempts to fix an issue with checksum verification that would happen on Japanese and other asian Windows systems. Opening an already correctly extended ROM should now work on Japanese systems.

Note that this DOESN'T fix the problem with the ROM Extender on Japanese systems. This problem will require a partial rewrite of the app.

The problem with the ROM Extender is from the Binary IO Xtra. This Xtra enables very fast reading and writing abilities to Director MX. It's fast because it loads the binary data in ASCII string variables, instead of converting them to lists variables (arrays). The problem is that on Japanese systems, Director seems to have a different internal representation of string variables, which corrupts the binary data read into those strings. To fix it I'll need to use another Xtra, and read/write large amount of data with some conversion to list variables, and that will make it much slower. I'll probably have to split the program in two version, so that the fast, but less compatible version is still available.

There is also a new version of the SM64 ROM Extender, which you need to use with your SM64 ROM before loading it into the editor.

Download and Give Feedback via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Hello. I have a big problem with Toad's Tool and need expert advice. Everytime i click on any option i get an error that says on the bottom if i should continue. if i click no it turns off. and when it tries to load up a stage/world i get another error, the same as if it just had an error that prompts you to "end now" if you know what i mean. i want to know why this is happening to me? this never happened before... can you help me please?

I'm not sure what could be wrong, but you can find the official TT64 forum here. Post your bug in the 0.5.9b release thread, and hopefully someone will fix it.

DCEmu Newbie

hi I'm new to toad's tool and it's rather complicated is there a tutorial or something that I may refer to? (if there is is it simple or is it complicated like programming)

Thread Information