Thread: Game Review: Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

xbox 360 Game Review: Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

In the words of the immortal......screw it. Halo 3 f**ing rocks. End of story.

Or it would be, if I didn't want to explain why. Halo 3 as you know is probably the most highly esteemed and hyped game in the history of games, weighing in at a massive 1.5 MILLION preorders. Following the obviously badas* Master Cheif, the last of his kind of warrior-race, he and the rest of humanity continue their desperate attempt to finish the fight against the alien invaders, the Covenant.

Now as far as graphics go, they are pretty stunning. Great textures, framerate almost never misses a beat, and I have yet to see a graphical glitch. That said, they aren't as good as maybe Gears of War and Bioshock, but they hold a huge candle to pretty much any other game. Huge improvement over Halo 2, as character models are much, much, MUCH more detailed as well as the environment.

Sound...its Halo. You get what you expect, and what you expect, is pure awesome-ness. So you get it.

Gameplay, the greatest part (obviously) of the game. Plays almost exactly the same as Halo and Halo 2, but with revamped controls which I personally am not too fond of. Halo 3 brings the same excitement and thrilling addiction that the first 2 did, and as usual you just can't put your finger on just what makes it so fun and awesome. Well, it is. I could try to explain for 3 weeks and you'd still have to actually play the game to know what I'm talking about. And multiplayer....the only multiplayer yet holding a candle to this is Gears of War. No question. Still, expect people who can head shot with they're eyes closed. You get that from the Halo series which spawns tons and tons of people who live, breath, and eat Halo. Maybe even crap Halo, you never know. Guns are great as usual. Even though some are still lackluster such as the assault rifle, nothing quite beats the enjoyment of just smashing a brute in the face with the gravity hammer. AI is better then ever, such as the AI's new cover system. ya know, they cover and shoot around walls from time to time? Yeah. Your teamates are still dumb as he** and drive like they're drunk, but they're witty banter and helpfulness in combat more then makes up for it.

Well, conclusion time. Short, eh? Well, thats why its called a Miniview.

Like I said, its extremely hard to say just what makes Halo 3 so gosh-darn fun to play. Graphics are great, sound is great, replay value is off the charts, and gameplay is stunning. Whoot! :thumbup:

if you have a 360, don't waste time. Make your 360 happy too by buying Halo 3, and for cryin' out loud, Finish the Fight.

Well spoken, but why 9.6?

Lol this part was funny: :rofl:
    Still, expect people who can head shot with they're eyes closed. You get that from the Halo series which spawns tons and tons of people who live, breath, and eat Halo. Maybe even crap Halo, you never know.

Thread Information