Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident evil 4

Question Resident evil 4

It seems my copy of resident evil 4 for the wii came in today, The first thing I noticed upon opening the game was that it was floating around freely inside the box, "Don't you hate it when that happens" It had a few lite scuffs on the disk but no big problem, it was only 30 dollar game anyway.

So I pop it in, Expecting this mind blowing experience I've been hearing people go on and on about ever since its launch. "hmm" Anyhow. I just dont see it, Somehow to me. All the improvements made to resident evil 4, seem to take away from the original formula. The clunky controls of the pre titles seemed to compliment the panicked struggle to survive perfectly. Now though it seems like an action game more then anything. and while a true resident evil fan in his own right would shoot me with his TMP for this. It seems a lot like a damned tomb raider game to me. Except with less wiggly parts to keep me entertained in the boring times.

Ah but I'm too hard on it, I suppose. As it stands. Its a fine game. i've only invested an hour in the game, and I'm sure it will get much better. The enemies seem more life like in a good way. No more factory reject night of the living dead clones. they all seem to have personality and style. But then so far none of the enemies i've met seem to be zombies either, which is also a plus, "zombies where getting old" the inventory space seems to be a problem, as I have yet to find a place to store items without carrying them. "this pisses me off" I have a hand gun a shotgun a rifle and a tmp lots of ammo for each and no damned room to put anything to free up space, "that doesn't mean those things weren't there, It just means I really didn't look for them"

All in all its "Okay" so far. But this call is made by a true resident evil fan.

in the end it just doesn't feel like a survival horror game. It feels like an action game to me.

Blog Entries

just wait until the chicks with bags on their heads and chainsaws come at you. i'll admit its very much an action game but god almighty that scared the crap out of me the first time i saw it.

DCEmu Newbie

lol, if you're only one hour in, you havent gottent to the hard parts, or the scary parts.

also, as far as the inventory goes, it'll improve. just give the game more time!

it doesnt get too scary in the game.
    and OMFG ICE! that part with the bella sisters was f*cking annoying, so i took the gigante path. hehe.

and yes, it is a lot more action like than horror.
    but either way its fun.

and about the zombies, they arent really zombies.
    just infected with something i forgot the name of.
    so they are alive, but just not normal.
    i dont remember where i read that though.

there infected with something called the plaga i think dont realy remember

and yo give that game time its after you get to fight the first giant that it realy starts to get good

my favorate part is wen you fight that weird in human spider thing on the second cd of the gc version

Blog Entries

Resident Evil 4 isn't the best Resident Evil game, or so I've heard...

...When I get the time to finish ZERO on GameCube, I will then think about opening the packaging of my (factory sealed) Resident Evil 4 (PS2 version).

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    there infected with something called the plaga i think dont realy remember

and yo give that game time its after you get to fight the first giant that it realy starts to get good

my favorate part is wen you fight that weird in human spider thing on the second cd of the gc version
    yeah, that was it.
    and i played the gc one too.
    since i dont have a wii.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    Resident Evil 4 isn't the best Resident Evil game, or so I've heard...

...When I get the time to finish ZERO on GameCube, I will then think about opening the packaging of my (factory sealed) Resident Evil 4 (PS2 version).
    i dont think zero was as good as 4.
    zero was good, but 4 beats it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue View Post
    i dont think zero was as good as 4.
    zero was good, but 4 beats it.
    I will findout for myself when I do ZERO and move onto 4, ZERO is unofficially the first Resident Evil and 4 is 6 in my opinion making Resident Evil 5 the 7th Resident Evil

---
    My confusing Resident Evil timeline (in theory)
    ---

ZERO - 1

Resident Evil - 2

RE 2 - 3

RE 3 Nemesis - 4

Code Veronica - 5 (although it could be taking place around the time of Nemesis making it 4.2)

RE 4 - 6 (RE 5 if Code Veronica is 4.2)

RE 5 - 7 (6 if RE 4 is 5 from Code Veronica being 4.2)

the way 4 is played beats all the others because the camera was replaced so RE fans would experience a new way to play and actualy shoot like crazy while being scare wich they were able to achieve in RE4 i think thats why 5 is going to be in the same game play with a second person view of the action not a third perspective

Dream Coder

Guys, I know how much you love OT, but try to remember to post topics that are not off the topic of any other forum in the correct forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information