Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoCDPSP v0.1

Quote Originally Posted by ArugulaZ
    Incredible! This fixes nearly all the problems that were present in NeoCD/PSP. I wasn't able to get any sound or music from the game I tested (King of Fighters '94), but it ran at FULL SPEED, and with analog stick support. There's even an options screen, a feature sorely lacking in the previous Neo-Geo CD emulator. Now that's what I call awesome!
    Heh, wait till you try a game with full sound and music. It's unbelievable!

I started a bugs/compatability thread at emuboards PSP emulation section, but the damn server just died so we had to stop.

But from I recall, some games with full sound and music are: Metal Slug, Real Bout Special, Ninja Masters. A bunch work but either only have music or no sound or music at all.

Just tested a few more...

1) Pulstar freakin works with music and sound! Even the damn FMV's play just lovely. This game is good enough to have been a commercial PSP title IMO.

2) Last Blade 2 also is 100% with music and sound! Easily one of THE best 2D fighters EVER made. Go play it on your freakin handheld! :P

3) Twinkle Star Sprites is 100%! Great shooter/puzzle game.

Breakers has some music, no sound, and froze midway thru a fight. Oh well.

Top Hunter: plays great but no music or sound

Blues Journey: sound, no music, serious graphics issues.

Street Hoop: music, no sound.

Windjammers: music, no sound, very buggy graphics.

DCEmu Rookie

King of Fighters '99 works with both sound and music, as does Twinkle Star Sprites. TSS is a little buggy... it brings up an error message before the second stage begins, but it usually continues to play afterwards.

Ninja Combat has sound effects but little music, and King of Fighters '94 doesn't have any sound at all! It doesn't matter, though... when you've got the awesome KOF '99 working almost perfectly, who needs the ancient first game?

JR

P.S. How 'bout the Samurai Shodown games? Do they work, and do they have full sound support?

I tested Samsho 1 and 2 earlier, but I forget exactly my results and emuboards is down right now.

I think there was no sound or music. Plus some graphics issues (when zooming out).

Also have SS3 but haven't tried it yet.

I believe KoF96 was also 100% music and sound. Mag Lord has serious graphics issues when scrolling. Puzzle Bobble had no sound or music, but it's still better than the crappy Puzzle Bobble Pocket for PSP.

I wish Sam Sho RPG was translated to English. Would be so good to have on PSP.

DCEmu Rookie

It's funny... neither of the Neo-Geo CD emulators for the PSP seem to like the early ADK titles very much. Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, Magician Lord... I wonder what the common thread is between these games that keeps them from working properly with this emulator? I guess Alpha Denshi had a quirky way of designing the games that comes to the surface when they're being emulated.

JR

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone explain the mp3 system to me? - I'm using Last Blade 2 as a test. I have unzipped the iso into a folder called "Last Blade 2 (U)". Am I understanding correctly that within that folder I should have a folder called "neocd.mp3" and within that I should put the mp3s? I can't seem to get it to read the music.

TIA!

hows bout a neo geo emulator eh? everytime i try to download roms for the neo geo cd theyre like 150-300mb.......

Blog Entries

strange i didnt get sound or Music on the one i tried ?

DCEmu Newbie

Default FILE ipl.txt in the zipped game

When i start the emu i have this error message: connot find the file ipl.txt.
    I check that this file is in the zipped and there is.
    I try with the unzipped version but the emu cannot find the name of the game.
    Maybe i must rename the folder with the unzipped game in "folder.zip"?
    Thanx everyone.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information