Nice review. When I bought mine 9 months ago, I did my own review (and here it is ):

Firstly, this is yet another case (pun not intended) of getting stuff MUCH cheaper via Ebay from Honk Kong.

The Case is advertised as specifically for the DSlite and you get to see the unapplied picture of it on most of the auctions:

Search for "crystal case DS lite" and you'll get lots of hits appearing for the same product from different shops.

The cost came to £5 tops inc. delivery and (as is usual with HK items) took about 5-7 days to arrive. It also arrived very well packaged .

The case is a VERY snug fit. So much so, that I was initially worried about getting the DS in there.
Eventually, after much gentle pressure, it went 'click' and clipped into place. This is achieved via slight bulges in the internal case wall, rather than bulky clips or straps.....so ensuring a very smooth fit.

Here are some piccies:

It also has it's own hinge which should, in theory, take some of the load when opening and closing, thereby reducing the load on the DS hinge and (in theory) prolonging it's life.
Most of the DS is actually covered, but there are enough spaces around to allow you to control things nicely.
For instance, there is ample room to slot game cartridges in and out, and the essential controls such as those for power and volume are kept nicely clear.
It does all this whilst still managing to protect most of the DS lite itself:

Speaking of volume, I found yesterday, that whilst playing New SMB, my Left hand Thenar Eminence (chunky bit of muscle grouping at base of thumb/lat aspect of hand) was moving the slider for the volume whilst playing {probably my own fault as I was holding on to it quite tightly }. Nevertheless, this was mildly annoying, but is eliminated now thanks to this case . It covers enough of the surrounding area that the slider is in a bit more of a "pit" now than before....meaning that it is harder to accidentally move it. On the other, it's still easy enough to manually alter the volume setting when you want.....overall a win-win situation then.

If you look at this close up of an iMac, notice how it appears that the white casing is enclosed by clear perspex?

Well that's exactly what my DSlite reminds me of now:

VERY svelt imo

Overall:
Looks 10/10....being see-through has one advantage...whether you have a white, black or pink DS, this case will match them all nicely
Fitment 10/10...again, fits SO WELL that it looks like this is how Nintendo made the DSlite in the first place....has to be 10/10 here
Price 10/10....a lowly Fiver for something of this quality is outstanding imo
Protection 9/10....the ONLY place not noticeably covered is the very very top of the hinge (see pictures)....again, VERY unlikely to matter in reality but as it isn't 100% covered, it has to drop a mark here.
Build Quality 10/10...VERY thick casing that looks and feels like it's made to last.

OVERALL: 10/10...a VERY impressive accessory that I would recommend highly to everyone with DSlites :thumbup: