via Zophar's Domain
SNES 9x Alpha is a Super Nintendo emulator for Nintendo 64. It can be run using the Doctor V64 backup device for N64.
Hi People, loom speaking..
This is my first big release on the N64. First of all let me say that I do realize that speed is still
a major issue, but this version hasn't even started to be optimised. The reason for this is that I spent
a lot of time getting the whole emu to work, and I wanted to release this version on the same day as the
official page was setup.
Now a few facts about this port :
- This is a work in progress, consider this a preliminary beta
- RAM was a major issue, and not having those memory hog Nintendo devkit is a very nice advantage. Yes,
people, this was done the usual CZN way, that is to say 100% without devkit (well, except for our own
- The emu ported was version 1.04 of SNES9x. It wasn't yet compiled with all the features activated, as
I thought that it was slow enough like it is now.
- The game ROM is entirely located in the ROM allocation space of the N64. This has important consequences
on the speed of the DMA transfers between the ROM and the video memory. This will be on of the first areas
of optimisation I will consider, as I think it should make a difference.
- Only 1 joypad is currently supported, and support for more is planned for an upcoming version.
- Sound isn't available in this version, sorry
- Super FX and DSP cannot be guaranteed in this version.
- Enjoy !
czn-snes.zip is just the normal release, while snes_191.zip is an enhanced version made to make use of the Doctor V64 BIOS 1.91's emulators support function.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)