Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ps one

DCEmu Newbie

Default ps one

hi all i will buy buy a psp soon and i dont know if there are any ps one emulator for psp?

DCEmu Newbie

PSP cant even handle ps1 graphics prob....

DCEmu Newbie

why??psp is more powerfull where is the problem??

To emulate a system you don't just need a more powerfull system, but one that can emulate the entire working of another system, which takes up a HUGE ammount of resources. It is quite unlikely that we will see a PSX emulator for a long long while, if at all.

DCEmu Newbie

A long time, yes, but if it can be done (just about) on a Pocket PC, I'd say there is a good chance we'll see on at some stage on the PSP. As for how functional it will be, well I wouldn't get too hopeful.

Thumbs up huh ?

Of corse the psp could handel the ps one , for that matter the ps2, n64-
    and such as that.

The problem is not in the psp, its in the level of knowlage of the creators of the emulators, Not that they dont know how.

The shear level of effot that would have to go into somthing like that is unbelivibly massive.

Much too massive to be done just for the credit one would recive.
    I would say before people got the nerve to work on such a massive project there would have to be money involved somwhere.

But as far as specs go, the psp could do this.

Also just to run a ps2 emu. which needs at least 290+ mhz to run, thats just at the power of the ps2s cpu, and more pwer would be needed for it to be emulated on another system.

In closeing its possible for the ps2 part. But not likely any time in the near or distant future.

I would say if we ever see a ps2 emu for it. Most likely it would be after the system has already served its full life cycle. Years and years from now

Default Again on the note of the ps2 emu

Not to mention the size of the games for ps2.

Before it would be possible on a psp, somone would have to come up with a compression method that would shrink the size of a ps2 game concideribly. And yet also allow it to be played fully within this emulator from a mem stick.

Before i am trounced with negitive replies to these posts just let me live my dream a few more minuets

One can dream cant they

as time goes on though memory sticks will no doubt be bigger

DCEmu Newbie

PSP can and will play PS1. I Believe it will play PS1 games better then bleemcast did, whitch is better than PS2 plays them. ( It won't be an emulator as much as it will be a translator, making it loads faster)

Quote Originally Posted by J@F
    PSP can and will play PS1. I Believe it will play PS1 games better then bleemcast did, whitch is better than PS2 plays them. ( It won't be an emulator as much as it will be a translator, making it loads faster)
    psp has higher specs than ps2, but it's a portable, so it technically isn't capable of a game for psp, with ps2 graphics and full speed (i.e.) if a port of Ratchet and Clank came out, it wouldn't have as good graphics, so it could run at full speed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information