Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP: Dark_AleX releases 3.71 M33-2 & 1.50 Kernel Addon v2

still bricked, but my piece of junk (aka my pc) is back in one piece, also the other one is coming tomorrow hehe

Hope to fix all this as soon as possible, let's hope my friend doesn't forget about me tomorrow, as he did today

Great! It's nice to finally have the 1.5 kernel. Thanks, Dark_Alex! Still, I'm going to stick with 3.52 M33 until I have no choice...

Woot! Just tried out flashing and no more corruption!

*Does the kirby dance*

<(^_^)^ <(^_^)> ^(^_^)^ <(^_^)> ^(^_^)>
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

I installed and tested some things
    1)1.50 Homebrew - Nice, if you go to sleep mode it doesnīt crashes
    2)3.XX Homebrew - Nice
    3)PTF Themes - Nice
    4)480x272 video - Nice
    5)UMD & backups - Nice
    6)Recovery Menu - Nice
    7)Network (Browser, PSP Tube) Nice

Itīs stable like 3.40 OE and with more features. A true DA firmware.

^ Saracchini which version of PSPTube did you test?

Because the latest version is not working correctly for me. It boots, shows me a loading screen, and then the PSP turns off.

DCEmu Newbie

I can 't seem to update to 3.71 at all.
    i'm at 3.52-4 M33 but the psp won't read UMD discs somehow but plays backup ISOs,if I run the UPDATE it checks the files to be ok, then goes back to the XMB and says that the UPDATE is not ment for my current firmware.( oh and VIDEO ISOs won't work neither)
    Tried keycleaner everything seems ok.
    Can someone help?

They were all true DAX firmwares... The whole way along I had the same feelings and experiences with M33 as with OE, I just seemed to update more often lol. But yeah I have never understood why people bashed all the M33 FWs I took the chance when it started and was happy all the way through. Thanks again DAX, but yes I too will stay on 3.52 M33 until its necessary for me to update.
    3x3, I am guessing you bought your PSP already with custom firmware on it... You need to do some research on all this stuff, but let me tell you the basics. Your PSP is on custom firmware obviously, your post sounds like your trying to update to 3.71 via a UMD, well you can't. You are trying to go off custom firmware and onto official SONY Firmware. You can't since your psp is on custom firmware it has locked the updates to regular SONY crappy firmware, there are ways you can get onto the SONY 3.71 but , this is a BAD choice, you won't be able to backup, run backups, use recovery to fix your psp, or use homebrew. Research all this custom firmware stuff if you need to update, and learn how to make the custom firmware updates via the tools provided in the downloads, it is not hard, but you need to be at least mildly technical. As for your unit not running UMDs we maybe can fix that now. Hold the R trigger while turning on power on your psp. You will go into recovery mode (part of your CUSTOM firmware) in there I believe under advanced configuration is UMD mode, switch it to UMD only or UMD inserted or whatever, and if necessary reset default settings. Good luck, theres a lot to learn but its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by 3x3 View Post
    I can 't seem to update to 3.71 at all.
    i'm at 3.52-4 M33 but the psp won't read UMD discs somehow but plays backup ISOs,if I run the UPDATE it checks the files to be ok, then goes back to the XMB and says that the UPDATE is not ment for my current firmware.( oh and VIDEO ISOs won't work neither)
    Tried keycleaner everything seems ok.
    Can someone help?
    Did you try changing your Kernel on Recovery to 3.52 before the update to 3.71?

Please does anyone here know how to make the PTF themes, I want the Pure Silver icons converted into a PTF file, I would greatly appreciate it.

DCEmu Newbie

yep done that.turn everything off .
    Btw it was a pandora recoverd (jap)psp, but can it be the update.prx?changed it once for a reboot.
    But in the meantime I reinstalled M33.???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information