Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PSP: Dark_AleX releases 3.71 M33-2 & 1.50 Kernel Addon v2

[QUOTE=arapozo;527314]I just updated last night from 3.40OE to this one.
    What are the new features, i heard something about the home menu different or some new menus or something,[/url]

Press SELECT and you'll see what that's about.

what are the new firmware features that are inherited from the sony firmware.
    Official theme support, seeking in videos or somesuch.

Also, do regular PSP can download the official sony themes and apply them? What's that about POPS not working? PSX games not loading anymore? compatibility down?
    Compatibility changes. Some work better, some worse. The Popsloader plugin to load other firmware's versions of pops is no longer compatible.

Re: themes, download them from Sony's site and transfer them to your memory stick under PSP/THEME.

Quote Originally Posted by arapozo View Post
    what are the new firmware features that are inherited from the sony firmware.
    The new features from Sony are:

- You can now set custom themes in [Theme Settings] under [Settings].
    - Support has been added for assigning buttons in [Remote Play].
    - A scene search feature has been added under [Video].
    - Sequential playback is now supported under [Video].
    - Simultaneous playback of content under [Music] and [Photo] is now supported.
    Also, do regular PSP can download the official sony themes and apply them?
    Yes.
    What's that about POPS not working? PSX games not loading anymore? compatibility down?
    The POPS work, it's just that the POPSLoader prx to load POPS from other firmwares[like 3.30] doesn't work anymore. But I heard that the compatibility is better and there's no need for the POPsLoader, but I'm not sure.

The POPS jap code fix doesn't work anymore, so many games aren't gonna be working that relied on it.
    Hence I say its gone down... but maybe some have gotten better?

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the info.
    The select menu is interesting, it could be built to be a good configuration menu for plugins and such. I've been toying with the idea of buying a slim but right now i don't see much difference in terms of what new things it brings to the table.

Another update thats not mentioned,

In M33 3.71 (1) when you changed the kernel to 3.71, at the bottom it states it has been changed to 3.52. In M33 3.71 (2) it now says 3.71 when 3.71 kernel is changed

DCEmu Legend

psp Thank you Dark_AleX

Thank you so much Dark_AleX. Just updated my Slim & Lite PSP to 3.71 M33-2 and I'm loving it. No problems. The USB charge improvement and easy reboot feature are really great quality improvements to an already brilliant CFW.

Legends never die...

DCEmu Newbie

cau any one hepl me out i downgradeit my psp 3.71 with pandora now im at 1.50. so how do i get a customfirmware im trying 2 play iso files and want the umd dupper can any one help me out????

How can i use psone games on this FW !? Same way ? Just take a iso and convert ? Please anybody, help me because everybody say that pops don't work anymore ! How can i convert my games now !?

Same way jvabbdac, same way...

What's not working is the POPSLoader plugin from latest firmwares..

Okay, to cut down the amount of questions on the POPS not working, could someone please suggest which program to use to convert PS1 ISOs into Eboot files, and which program you'd use to convert Eboot files you already have into a compatable one with this new CFW. Also, do Savedata from 3.40 OE POPS work on this? if not, which program would you use to convert those if they can be converted. Hopefully, these questions will lead to some usable answers, and cut down the number of "what's this about POPS not working?" questions (not complaining about that one, but don't want to see 50 more of the same question later on). Thank you.

Thread Information