Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP: Dark_AleX releases 3.71 M33-2 & 1.50 Kernel Addon v2

DCEmu Pro

psp PSP: Dark_AleX releases 3.71 M33-2 & 1.50 Kernel Addon v2

Via Dark_AleX.

An update from the legendary Dark_AleX for his custom firmware, 3.71 M33, named 3.71 M33-2, was just recently released on DAX' website, and so was an update for the 1.50 kernel addon, which allows for 1.50 homebrew to be used on 3.71 M33 (only for PSP fat). They contain a number of fixes listed here:

3.71 M33-2 changelog:

- There was a bug that caused corruption when writing files of more than 32256 bytes using usb flash.
    The bug has been corrected, and now the implementation is as reliable as it was when it was based on 1.50 kernel.
    (tested with a full restauration of a dump)

- Psp Slim: a functionality to let the charge of battery when connecting a usb cable has been added.
    This feature is based on Noobz plugin code.
    By default is not enabled, you can enable it in recovery.
    Note that the charge of battery may be delayed some seconds since the moment you plug the cable.

- After installing this update, program at /PSP/GAME/UPDATE will always be executed on 3.71 kernel, despite configuration.

- VSHMenu: vshmenu will not be executed when onscreen keyboard is active, to avoid the lost of
    the select button function in the keyboard.
    An option to reset the psp has been added.

Note about twi bugs remaining:

The WLAN network error, and the PSP Slim psx game change of brightness.
    These two bugs are copyright of Sony happens too in OFW.

The WLAN network happens when there is no network available, so not a big problem.

1.50 kernel addon v2 changelog:

- When returning from sleep mode, 3.71 ipl was executed causing an inmediate crash. Fixed.
    - vsh plugins were being executed on recovery too Fixed

It is important that you read the full readme for installation instructions!

Original custom firmware 3.71 M33 - needed before installation of these patches

Download and comment!

great!!! updating now

DCEmu Newbie

great, these custom firmwares are awesome, DAX is a legend.

Great work Dark Alex!

thanks

as he said, no more releases, but this is an update, not a release

DCEmu Regular

Great, now I can resume my songs in LightMP3

so couldnt he technically just update the firmware files with newer ones as they came out lol, but then again wernt the 1.50 kernel patch just an update so did that not count either which means he has a surprise for everyone lol well im jus chattin rubbish as per usual nobody try proving my comments wrong ill support them to the death aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
    oh and i was actually thinking last night wen i updated to 3.71m33 he would be releasing updates otherwise why would he call it 3.71 m33-1....meaning updates coming and here they come lol well im glad he hasnt just f*cked off lol but boy does he need to sort his mood swings out

Quote Originally Posted by gamesquest1 View Post
    so couldnt he technically just update the firmware files with newer ones as they came out lol, but then again wernt the 1.50 kernel patch just an update so did that not count either which means he has a surprise for everyone lol well im jus chattin rubbish as per usual nobody try proving my comments wrong ill support them to the death aaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
    oh and i was actually thinking last night wen i updated to 3.71m33 he would be releasing updates otherwise why would he call it 3.71 m33-1....meaning updates coming and here they come lol well im glad he hasnt just f*cked off lol but boy does he need to sort his mood swings out
    Could you perhaps use come punctuation? It will make your comments much easier for others to read. Assuming you make your comments because you want them to be read, of course.

Great, keep these updates coming.

By that last little bit, is he trying to say more XMB (vsh) plugins will work in this release based on 3.71 M33-1?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information