Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP2600: Atari 2600 emulator for PSP v1.1.0 (final)

DCEmu Rookie

Thanks for your reply...yeah I was looking right after my post and couldn't find that guy listed...they probably saw your release and said "Why bother, that works great" and moved on!

As for shutting down in the menu....yeah I forget all your emu's did that...cause soon as the 2600 emu came out I stopped playing the others!
    My only problem is everything BUT these emu's shuts down with the button so I just instinctively do it then go ..."Oh that right!" and groan at myself for forgetting and reset the PSP....
    It's no big deal really...I am curious though...since all/most other emu's and progs exit by the home button...what kept you from getting that to work?
    I notice that all the emu's seem to have the same general loading/setting/control screens (which looks like a template or something) How did you make them obviously different emulations but in the same appearance....just remember don't be TOO technical...I don't know how to code...it's just a curiosity seeing as how so many others projects have always seemed to look way different.
    It just made me wonder if you had a master emulation program and each old system "plugged into" that environment....

In any case thanks again...and if I ever get healthy enough to work again...and you have a donation link...I feel I owe you for making the easiest most accurate 2600 I have ever played Not on the system or sitting in front of my PC...(tried Pocket PC, but it seemed off and was difficult to setup well)

Ok now Im confused...

Because the home key has worked for this and the intellivision emulators for this and the previous release.

So why exactly is it not working for you or even ZX truley perplexes me

and this rocks... loads up everything just fine... How do you re-edit the source to include simultaneous D-pad and analog support?

Quote Originally Posted by Poem58 View Post
    What kept you from getting that to work?
    I've tried several times to figure out what's going on, but without any success. It seems that a thread doesn't succeed to termitate properly, and then the psp stay stucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Poem58 View Post
    I notice that all the emu's seem to have the same general loading/setting/control screens (which looks like a template or something) How did you make them obviously different emulations but in the same appearance....just remember don't be TOO technical...I don't know how to code...it's just a curiosity seeing as how so many others projects have always seemed to look way different.
    It just made me wonder if you had a master emulation program and each old system "plugged into" that environment....
    It's the same "front end" with minor differences between each of my emulator ports. They all use the same kind of user interface template.

here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

DCEmu Rookie

Thanks Zx...for the info...I only wish I understood more...I loved to program stuff when I was younger sitting many hours in front of the TV with my SVI-328 and cassette drive (ugh!) and trying to learn Basic...I got quite decent enough I could translate most Apple II language programs to Extended basic 1.1 and the reverse...but never made a game...let alone an emulator...I always regret not going further with programming and I am always awed by what you guys do...

I was excited to find this emulator, thanks for making a native 3.x kernel version. I know that your post says that this is the final version. However, I was wondering if the possibility exists that you'll someday add support for ZIPped ROMs. All of my ROM names are in TOSEC format and are ZIPped. The games aren't working in the ZIPs, but if I extract them to the BIN files, they work just fine. Both the ZIP and BINs inside them are in TOSEC format. Thanks.

psp

Zip file are supported, but rom files should have .rom extention in the zip file. This is a little bug, and i've uploaded a new version on my blog (and here also) if you want, but it's not a new release
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by zx-81 View Post
    Zip file are supported, but rom files should have .rom extention in the zip file. This is a little bug, and i've uploaded a new version on my blog (and here also) if you want, but it's not a new release
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the fix, it works great now. I can play games right out of the ZIPs.

BTW, can we expect that the next version of your Atari 800 Emulator with run on the PSP Slim under M33 firmware?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information