Thread: Canada Adress Lookup

DCEmu Newbie

Default Canada Adress Lookup

I really can't seem to get my adress lookup working, Im in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and i checked off the geodata for Canada in GMDL. the geodata for my map is in the map's folder to. And just a note, Calgary is a very big and non-isolated city.

please Contact me ASAP...

Thanks

DCEmu Regular

I can not seem to replicate the issue, however I do acknowledge that people are having issues with the Canadian geodata.

First, could you check that your address is indeed in the geodata - scroll to it and do a reverse lookup - it should show up.

Could you post the geodata.dat file, a screenshot of the top of the map (so I know exactly what area I'm looking at - could be a center of zip falling outside a boundary issue), and the address you are trying to find.

DCEmu Newbie

Removed by me.

DCEmu Newbie

I have the same issue with looking up addy's - I've tried a number of formats just in case, its like mapthis does not see the geo data at all?

DCEmu Newbie

i think its just that the geod data that we are using from GMDL is not complete

DCEmu Regular

You're right, it's to do with the geodata being incomplete, another note - the roads don't seem to have the NW, NE etc part.

I have a general idea of why certain street numbers are missing (source geodata gives two ranges - I'll need to extrapolate the numbers/coordinates of the in between ones). This isn't going to be a quick fix though unfortunately.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    You're right, it's to do with the geodata being incomplete, another note - the roads don't seem to have the NW, NE etc part.

I have a general idea of why certain street numbers are missing (source geodata gives two ranges - I'll need to extrapolate the numbers/coordinates of the in between ones). This isn't going to be a quick fix though unfortunately.
    I really Appreciate you working on it thanks.

DCEmu Regular

OK, this may or may not work, but I've rerun the geodata separating the left and right ranges - which seems to give better search results. To try it: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.5.02a.zip (if you want the whole geodata set it's at http://www.in7ane.com/psp/statcan_rnf_v3.zip 33MB )

However this still doesn't include the NW part of the street name - I'll get to that eventually as well.

Thread Information