Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Phat TV-Out?

Question PSP Phat TV-Out?

With the release of the physical cable to enable the PSP Slim to produce TV-Out, would it be possible for a simple plugin to allow it on the PSP Phat?

I'm unclear as to whether the TV-Out option is impossible with the Phat hardware, or if it's just a software ploy to make people buy the new Slim.

Is this something that RemoteJoy could be convinced to do, even if the stock PSP Phat CFW couldn't?

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    With the release of the physical cable to enable the PSP Slim to produce TV-Out, would it be possible for a simple plugin to allow it on the PSP Phat?

I'm unclear as to whether the TV-Out option is impossible with the Phat hardware, or if it's just a software ploy to make people buy the new Slim.

Is this something that RemoteJoy could be convinced to do, even if the stock PSP Phat CFW couldn't?
    The PSP Slim has special TV-Out hardware. RemoteJoy will only ever work using USB.

Cloudy

I think it is something in the hardware.
    We should be able to modify the cable to fit on the old psp, and use a custom plugin to output the screen data to the cables, although the framerate may not be so great.

I'm well aware of stuff like that.... If it's all the same, I'd rather just have a cable and plugin as opposed to a clunky piece of plastic.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko01 View Post
    I think it is something in the hardware.
    We should be able to modify the cable to fit on the old psp, and use a custom plugin to output the screen data to the cables, although the framerate may not be so great.
    No. It isn't possible, the hardware just isn't equipped.

Cloudy

You've got to be kidding me? THAT big thing is the only alternative somebody's come up with thus far?

Not trying to argue with the senior members here, but I refuse to believe that it's IMPOSSIBLE. The PSP is just a really small computer...a small computer equipped with a serial port. If somebody had enough technical knowledge, i'd wager that it IS possible to do...just difficult.

Blog Entries

Dont bump old threads! Read the date fella!

DCEmu Newbie

i have a phat psp 3.90m33-3 and i have the display setting if i put tv output cable of slim do you think it will work?

no. slim has a diffferent port. there is a psp-tv thingy but is a pain in the a** to set up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information