Thread: Complete NooB ANy Help will Appecaite!

DCEmu Newbie

Talking Complete NooB ANy Help will Appecaite!

Hey I use to have a psp and was into the homebrew scene ever since version 1.5 then I sold it because of money issues and been on to playing other systems, Now I Been noticing Homebrew taking a whole new leap to psX to psp which the biggest thing i wanted since 1.5 and I wanted to get back into the homebrew scene I have a couple of questions I Would extremely appreciate it if any of you can point me in the right direction

1. I purchased a Psp Slim with Firmware 3.71 m33 And I have a couple of Eboot.php Files of Psx to psp games How would I go and put them in the psp (A detailed explantion would be really apprecatied)

2. Has the Gameboy advance Emulator for the 3.71 has the ability to play advance games at full speed?

3. I have some other games that are CSO, Is this a new format? also how would I go into putting this in the Psp? Thank you!

I would appreciate any programs I can use and Such So i can hunt them down, or if you can find it in your heart to show me locations of where I might find it I would appreciate that also thank you and sorry for my Noobishness =*(

1. Make sure you put the EBOOT.PBP in a subfolder within the GAME folder. ex: PSP\GAME\Devil Dice\EBOOT.PBP If you put the EBOOT in the GAME folder directly, it won't work. You also need to make sure that your CFW is set to use the 3.71 kernel for the GAME folder, and not 1.50.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can even make your own PSX EBOOTs using programs like ISOProducer and IceTea.

2. Most GBA games on gPSP are quite playable and enjoyable. The only major blips I tend to notice are sound-based.

3. CSO are compressed ISO's, and so the subject is generally taboo on these boards.

To find all the latest stuff, just head over to psp-news.dcemu.co.uk and scroll down. On the left, you'll see links to Emulators, Homebrew and Apps. It's pretty simple!

DCEmu Newbie

ic Say i do put it as you said for the eboot.pbp file dont I need a Loader? or will it automatically be recognized?

Ah so CSO are bad to talk about eh? Im not really asking where to get them I just want to know how I can load them up Or is that something I cant talk about either?

Also You mention Kernal So how would I access that to make it compatible with 3.71 eboot files? (noob question =D )

turn off your psp, and turn it back on wile pressing the R botten, then go to configuration, and were it says game folder homebrew, make sure it says "(currently 3.71 Kernel)" if not just press X wile its highlighted and it will work. After that pess back and exit

DCEmu Newbie

when doing that will the eboots be automatically recognized?

they should, if you have it in ither ms0/psp/game/psx or ms0/psp/game1.50/psx (psx being the foulder you have the eboot in, like GTA2 or what ever) Check out the poll for icetea at http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...ghlight=icetea
    it will tell you how to use icetea and were to put everything, also if that link doesnt work, just search forums for Icetea and look for the guid

the cso's should be put in the ISO folder found on your memstick.

now, enough ISO and CSO talk. i think that pretty much answered yer question.

bro i have a psp slim and its FW is 3.71,its bought hir in italy. i cant hardly play iso/cso games, i formatted and made an ISO folder on the main folder of my memory stick because it doesnt have that folder,then i placed folders named the games corresponding inside, for example nba 2008, then the files inside it is the nba 2008. what will i do?

PROUD TO BE PINOY!:thumbup:

Thread Information