When I start the emulator, on the black screen I get:

FS initiliazation ...

message and then the emulator stuck ...
    am I the only one who gets it ?

I'm using:
    SUPERCARD LITE rumble
    firmware 1.83

please help !!!

Try upgrading to v1.84 which has automatic DLDI patching. Either that or patch it manually.

DCEmu Newbie

For some reason i can't get Super Mario Kart to work, anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks in advance eggs x

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    For some reason i can't get Super Mario Kart to work, anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks in advance eggs x
    Super Mario Kart won't work because it uses a Co-Processor Chip, which SnemulDS doesn't emulate, unfortunately. This is the same reason Super Mario RPG doesn't work either.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by NINTENDUDECT View Post
    Super Mario Kart won't work because it uses a Co-Processor Chip, which SnemulDS doesn't emulate, unfortunately. This is the same reason Super Mario RPG doesn't work either.
    Thanks for letting me know, are there any other Emulators that supports a co-processor chip ?

Apologies if this has been asked before i used the search and can't find the answer.

Thanks again

DCEmu Newbie

There are no emulators for DS or GBA that currently support the co-processor chips found in Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario RPG, Mega Man X2/X3, Star Ocean, Street Fighter Alpha 2, and the like, nor is it likely that there will ever be. Support for these chips are more typically found in emulators written for machines much more powerful than the DS (like your PC).

Not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sure I know great things have been done in the past (who would've thought you could emulate SNES on a GBA?) but it seems that these special chips are simply too much for the DS to handle.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dave auto View Post
    There are no emulators for DS or GBA that currently support the co-processor chips found in Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario RPG, Mega Man X2/X3, Star Ocean, Street Fighter Alpha 2, and the like, nor is it likely that there will ever be. Support for these chips are more typically found in emulators written for machines much more powerful than the DS (like your PC).

Not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sure I know great things have been done in the past (who would've thought you could emulate SNES on a GBA?) but it seems that these special chips are simply too much for the DS to handle.
    Cheers Dave,

Excellent answer. Not the one i was hoping for but thanks for explaining

DCEmu Newbie

Default No ROMS Show up on my R4

Hey. I have a R4 and have a problem running this. Eveything seems to be set up right. The config file is in the root. the ROMS are in SNES which is in the root and there are games in the SNES folder but when i run the program the "Load Rom" screen shows no roms. Can someone plz help

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!! So what i did that fixed it was i added .smc at the end of the name of all my rom files. this then changed the file format to SMC instead of just FILE. I hope this helps people
    Last edited by Billgonzo; March 7th, 2008 at 04:46.

DCEmu Newbie

@Eggs: Glad to help.
    Not sure if you knew this, but Mario Kart Super Circuit for GBA features every single track from Super Mario Kart as unlockable bonuses after you beat the main game. I know it kinda misses the point of just wanting to play the original (plus the convenience of having the original game on your flash card), but on the plus side, those original tracks are now in fullscreen (as opposed to Super Mario Kart's half-screen view), as well as...well, the fact that it's the only way to play what is essentially the same game on your DS.

A little OT, I know, but...is anyone up on the current state of SNES emulation on the PSP? Not too long after it launched, a friend showed me Mega Man X running on his PSP...skipping every 5th frame, choppy as hell. I'm sure it must have improved since then, but does anyone around here keep up on it? Anyone know if there're any emus for it that support these infamous co-processor chips? I'm so impressed with SNEmulDS (and jEnesis!) on DS that I'd be curious to know how PSP is shaping up these days.

The PSP ones are fairly mature, though of course with co-processor games you've still got some slowdown (though I made a speedhack that makes SMRPG run fairly well). There are so many versions out there however that I have no clue which version is best to use with which firmware, etc.

I'm sure if I had a PSP I'd be more up-to-date on which is the best to use.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information