Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SNEmulDS v0.6 Alpha released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Please explain me how to install it right!
    I copy the two snemul ds files, then I creat my SNES folder...it keeps saying "FS Failure, continue anyway" when I start it...please help me, imagine I was 4 years old!

DCEmu Newbie

rom files simply wont apear !! this is killing me!!

DCEmu Regular

rom files need to go into the root of your card in a folder names " snes "

You can change the location of the rom files by adjusting the snemul cfg file, open it with notpad and you will see the first line has@

SNEmul configuration file # Please read README before ROMPath = /SNES

The " =/SNES " is in the root of the card and this is the part i changed to read " /snes emulator/snes "

Thats because i put my roms into my own made snes emulator folder!

Anyway its easier just to put the roms in the default folder " snes "

paul

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by joepadua View Post
    Please explain me how to install it right!
    I copy the two snemul ds files, then I creat my SNES folder...it keeps saying "FS Failure, continue anyway" when I start it...please help me, imagine I was 4 years old!
    Are you applying the appropriate DLDI patch for the device you're using? I was having a similar problem trying to use SNEmulDS v.0.5 on my Max Media Dock until I found a patching program and applied the appropriate patch to the .nds file before installing.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum for more info about DLDI patching. Good luck!

sweet testing it out now

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
    Umihara Kawase seems to run perfectly, there are a few minor Graphical glithches, but nothing that hurts game play in the least but...

...at least from what I've seen thus far.

Dragon Quest 5: Bride of Heaven seems to run great as well.
    Yep, I can echo this. Umihara Kawase plays pretty much perfectly. If only the same could be said for me. I beat the giant tadpole on F8, then beat the next two fields (that are easiest to get to), then got my butt kicked on the one where you have to make it over the spikes with a rope/reel/jump combo. The spikes are no huge thing, but the enemies that crap out eggs suck. Anyway, I HAVE experienced occasional crashes on startup, at the beginning of a field, and when trying to unpause, so maybe using savestates is a good idea on this one (though I didn't just now, and got reasonably far with no issues).

Secret of Mana also runs better than before (constant resetting of the display settings is no longer necessary). I played as far as Northtown in 0.5, at which point I decided to give it a rest. This time, I actually got the Flammie Drum in Northtown, and even that works all right (but with some slowdown/graphics issues). SFII is also improved (fewer graphical glitches). Benkei Gaiden: Suna no Shou unfortunately doesn't seem to have improved any - it's playable, but enemies have partial transparency when they shouldn't, and the text in battles is this weird red on an orange background. Haven't tried Earthbound/Mother 2 yet, as I have the GBA version of Mother 1&2, so I see little reason to screw with emulation.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey, uh, I have a couple of questions.
    Is there anyway to view the whole screen at one time? Instead of like, half of it?
    And, why are the games so sped up? Is there anyway to slow it down?
    And my last question, Is there any other GOOD SNES Emulator that could also run Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
    Hey, uh, I have a couple of questions.
    Is there anyway to view the whole screen at one time? Instead of like, half of it?
    And, why are the games so sped up? Is there anyway to slow it down?
    And my last question, Is there any other GOOD SNES Emulator that could also run Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars?
    Yes, there is a way to view full screen. Click "Options", then click "Screen Layout Options", and there is an option for scaling. Click the grey button next to it to change it from "no scaling" to "medium" to "full screen" depending on how much you want scaled. Games like Earthbound look ugly with full screen, but games like Donkey Kong Country 2 look good with full screen.

For your speed issue, yes, there is a way to fix that. Again, go into "Options", there will be two settings for speed, "Speed:" and "Speed Hacks". I usually use "Normal Speed" and "Cycles Hack", since it usually works the best, but depending on the game, just fiddle around with combinations and see which works 100%.(In the corner of the bottom screen, there is a percentage. This is the speed the game is going, and it should always be about 100%)

Finally, on the DS, there is no SNES emulator that runs Super Mario RPG - Legend of the seven stars. This is due to a special chip being in that game, and it is hard for a DS to emulate and arguably impossible. The same goes for Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox and a few others.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    Yes, there is a way to view full screen. Click "Options", then click "Screen Layout Options", and there is an option for scaling. Click the grey button next to it to change it from "no scaling" to "medium" to "full screen" depending on how much you want scaled. Games like Earthbound look ugly with full screen, but games like Donkey Kong Country 2 look good with full screen.

For your speed issue, yes, there is a way to fix that. Again, go into "Options", there will be two settings for speed, "Speed:" and "Speed Hacks". I usually use "Normal Speed" and "Cycles Hack", since it usually works the best, but depending on the game, just fiddle around with combinations and see which works 100%.(In the corner of the bottom screen, there is a percentage. This is the speed the game is going, and it should always be about 100%)

Finally, on the DS, there is no SNES emulator that runs Super Mario RPG - Legend of the seven stars. This is due to a special chip being in that game, and it is hard for a DS to emulate and arguably impossible. The same goes for Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox and a few others.
    Yeah, I found that out by pressing randomly, cause, before If I tapped the Options nothing would happen so I had to switch the screens. But thanks anyway.

DCEmu Newbie

Soooo anyone try Chrono trigger?How did work with this update?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information