Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Datel Tool Battery for the PSP Review

Blog Entries

psp Datel Tool Battery for the PSP Review

Datel stirred up some controversy with the release of the Datel Tool Battery which some sites went berserk over but whatever the good and bad of it i sat on the wall because i could see both sides to its release.

Well our buddies over at Emuholic have done a review of the Datel Battery and gave it a resounding 9 out of 10 and Guyfawkes is a good reviewer and long time Homebrew coder/scener so its a legitamate score.

Go and read the review and let us know your opinions.

Blog Entries

huh? i thought i heard it sucked.. weird. datel made something useful.. yet they stole the concept...

because i could see both sides to its release.
    well i STILL cant see it

So basically this is just an extra battery? You have to do the same amount of work with this as an extra battery you buy from your average retailer? No memory card, no files? Just info that you need some kind of unmentioned software?

This does raise the question, though ... is there a pandora installer that doesn't require a PSP at all? Theoretically I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to have something do what the programs run on the PSP do, but run on Windows ...

because if so, that would make Pandora suddenly a little easier to achieve for quite a lot of people.

Well there is a setup thing that can put all the files on your PSP, but since it has the files in it, it's illegal to distribute.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXCS View Post
    Well there is a setup thing that can put all the files on your PSP, but since it has the files in it, it's illegal to distribute.
    I think I have one, think, because I don't remember using the homebrew capable psp i borrowed from a friend, other than to create pandora's battery (with my battery of course)

so one of those batteries might be pretty useful, it is cheaper than the original ones right?

I don't really remember everything it did, all I now is that it worked perfectly, and I didn't needed to issue any DOS commands

i have one i order last week and waiting cause datel is out of stock

so..its either this thing really is good..or Guyfawkes sold out

I will never sell out If a product is good or bad I will say so and I will try and write an unbiased review. At the end of the day people may buy the product on the strength of my review so I don't want people to waste their money on something I have said is great but is not.

I mentioned in the review that the Datel Battery is ideal for people that do not have access to a working homebrew enabled PSP and once weighing up the costs of sending a PSP or the battery to someone there isn't really much difference. Even buying a new battery and then getting it converted will probably cost more. The Datel Battery is a quick, easy and fairly cheap alternative solution. It does what it is supposed to do with no problems (it is basically just a premodified battery) and that is the reason why I gave it 9/10.

As mentioned in the review, you can download a package called Pandoras Box GUI which has everything needed to unbrick the PSP. This is very useful for someone who does not have access to a working PSP but also for general use as it makes the process much easier for people not confident with command prompts, copying files etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information