Thread: UMD case broken

DCEmu Newbie

Default UMD case broken

At the moment if a UMD breaks, you may aswell throw it away. I have been given the opportunity to supply new replacement cases for broken UMDs.

Just trying to get a feel as to whether there is a demand for this product and / or a service for us to fix peoples broken discs.

Any feedback would be welcome. At the moment, I do not believe this product or service is out there. What do you think? Would people buy this?

lol i had this. i hav a psp case where my ps is in one side.. my umd in the other, well when there pressed by ehach other its crushes.... so i backed it up because the see-through bit pokes the disc andi hav to mess about. i would totally buy this, many of my firnds hav broken umd's from the metall bit missing to the case

DCEmu Newbie

as a result of the feedback, we at undercutter are now selling this. Thanks for your input

DCEmu Rookie

if you do it right, you can crack open the UMD case so you can easily put the disc in and out, and it fits in the drive

I don't mean to be bumping old threads but I thought this was need-to-know information.
    Like boxing, UMD's are easy to fix. First off check the clear part of the UMD case. If it's collapsed in (Usually on the side with the PSP logo and the control pad/movie cell), then get a thin sharp implement (I used a swiss army knife), try to get the knife underneath the plastic cover. Gently bend the UMD (Thumbs on the silver side of the UMD pushing up). Continue this until the clear part of the case is no longer collapsed.
    I tried this method on BattleFront: RS and Metal Gear Portable Ops, both run perfectly now. No problems with the PSP making funny noises or anything.

EDIT: Also it works if the clear plastic on the opposite side is collapsed, don't use a knife to pop it back out, just gently bend it. It takes about 30 seconds to do and can save you the trouble of arguing with shop clerks or breaking demo UMD's.

I have done this with all my UMD's if it breaks the side that says umd take that off nothing else and it works iv done it with all mine

PSP User

ye cameron that works with my burnout umd, and dont do wat thehumanidiot says because you might screw up your drive

Thread Information