Thread: requesting a quake based coder.

Smile requesting a quake based coder.

hi, I'm making a quake based game for the psp, and i need someone who can code for such things as;
    lte, quake 2 and other 3d engines for the psp.
    if your interested in my project, contact me vier p.m
    or msn.
    we can discuss ideas and concepts for the game.

common! i know theres a coder out there who needs a good 3d model/map/texture/animator maker
    I'm just making a little half-life to quake 2 conversion so it can run with McZonks ports, to test my skills.
    it's coming along good, i have managed to recompile half-life maps into quake 2 maps, with most of the action scripts, lighting etc.
    also, i have managed to convert half-life models to quake 2 md2s, now I'm working out how to get barney into that reception area, where he's sitting at the desk with the computer.

of course I'm not saying that I'm going to release half-life psp, but it will be a cool little demo.

this sounds really cool but i think it would really just be easier and more plausible if you figured out how much a license to the GoldSrc engine is and then tried to raise money from the homebrew community then you could legally distribute it too with the real engine and just convert the real thing.

nowone wants to port the goldSrc engine, they either couldn't be bothered, or they just can't.
    yes, it would open all sorts of great possibilities, it's a awesome, versatile engine. things like counter strike, gunman and the others would be possible, and i could make some really good homebrews with the engine, but i guess the idea of goldsrc will be an endless dream.

i would not be able to begin to know how to thank who ever ports the engine.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

GoldSrc is not Open source so we can't port it.

id bet if we pooled a donation forum together and got donations we could afford a liscence under someone trustworthy's name it cant be more than 5000 dollars and if people really want it then they will donate. Talk to valve about it maybe they are interested or already making Half Life PSP.

they wouldn't be making that, trust me.
    but i like the idea of donating, ask the admin about that.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanser23 View Post
    id bet if we pooled a donation forum together and got donations we could afford a liscence under someone trustworthy's name it cant be more than 5000 dollars and if people really want it then they will donate. Talk to valve about it maybe they are interested or already making Half Life PSP.
    They won't. The license will be denied as it isn't for a commercial game or be distributed by official channels. In other words, they won't license it to anyone, but actual development companies.

Thread Information