Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Mapthis and 3.71M33-2 + 1.50 kernel update V2.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Problems with Mapthis and 3.71M33-2 + 1.50 kernel update V2.

Hi,
    I've recently got a PSP-290 to try out Mapthis and I seem to be having problems getting it to boot. On the original version it will say "loading USB accessory driver" and then after a while the PSP will reboot.

On Nieko's edited version it will just say that there is a problem accessing the driver and GPS will not activate. I've reinstalled 3.71M33-2 using Dark-alex's Universal unbricker and it works fine. Then after I put in the 1.50 kernel update, it does the same problem again.

Has anyone else come across this issue and is it going to be fixed in a future update? (if it is an issue and not because I'm a newb at this sort of thing)

Do you have usbgps.prx and usbacc.prx in your Map This folder and if yes, what version?
    In what folder do you have Map This and try changing your kernel in the recovery menu.
    What motherboard do you have? TA-082 and TA-086 may have some problems with registry keys (or something like that, don't know exactly), there should a key cleaner (chilly willis, if I remember right)
    TA-082 and 086 motherboards have IC1003 written on them (open the umd drive, then look from the back, in the upper-right corner should be written smallely IC1003 (reversed) if it is a TA-082 or 086

Edit: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...1440&highlight look this topic and from the first post Downgraded a TA-082 PSP and and your PSP290 device doesn't work?
    Try this , it has helped others in the same situation.
    Then there are some files to download, maybe this helps

DCEmu Newbie

Yes I have tried all versions of the usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx, and put them in the mapthis folder. ranging from 2.71 to 3.71, there is no change in what happens on startup. I have tried running Mapthis under both types of kernels, 1.50 and 3.71. Both to no avail. Its a bit strange.

My psp is an original TA-079 and shouldnt' have a problem with the registry keys. The only thing I use on it is OE/M33 custom firmware. No custom themes, plugins, etc.

I've since tried it on my brother's slim 3.71 (which obviously doesn't support the 1.50 addon) and it works beautifully. Fixes sattelites in a minute or two, and is semi-accurate. I'm convinced that there is a compatibility issue between the 1.50 kernel addon and Mapthis. Does anyone else have the 1.50 kernel addon and NOT have this problem? I suppose I coulld just reinstall 3.71-M33-2 again but I would like to have the convenience of the 1.5 kernel for Gpsp (which AFAIK hasn't had a 3.71 kernel version yet).

What kind of PSP are you running ?
    A FAT or a Slim ??

What GPS device?
    PSP-290 GPS or a Holux or similar one

If Fat then goto:
    Downgrade to 3.52 M33-4 its more stable

If Slim then goto:
    3.71 M33 and remember to decrypt those pesky encrypted .PRX files and dont just toggle Flash0 and extract them, that wont work at all.
    Try downloading the ones people likned to in the topic that is named 3.71 prx

As for the GPS device, the PSP-290 requires the .PRX files to be decrypted, the firmwares up to 3.52 M33-4 allowed you to extract those "decrypted" just ny enabling Flash0 USB support, but 3.71 had them Encrypted.
    "Unlocked and Locked"

DCEmu Newbie

PDG: I'm running a FAT with a PSP-290. I don't really know how to downgrade back to 3.52 from 3.71. Is it even possible because the recovery folder doesn't support the 1.5 eboot AFAIK.

I have used the ones linked in the topic named 3.71 prx. Also with Nieko's version which doesn't require the extracted prx files, the same issue occurs - although the PSP doesn't crash and reboot.

Maybe I should go back to 3.71 without the 1.5 kernel add on. I would like to see if I was right about my theory that the add on messes things up for Mapthis. Anyone else with 3.71 Fat psp's game to try out my theory that Mapthis will work without the add-on but once its installed Mapthis goes byebye?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
    Anyone else with 3.71 Fat psp's game to try out my theory that Mapthis will work without the add-on but once its installed Mapthis goes byebye?
    Hey kniteowl,
    I went ahead and upgraded my second PSP (TA-79) to 3.71 m33-2 1.5-2 to test it out for you and Map This worked fine (I used the PSP-290). I tried Nieko's version out for the test and it worked well (except I miss the audio clicks in the menu). I put it in the GAME371 folder.

same settings as you...
    psp-290
    m33 3.71 v2
    1.5 kernel add on v2
    on ta-079 board

i have no starting probs... it just crushs more often than on m33 3.52 v4

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to give it a shot and start from scratch again. Hopefully it works. ^_^ Then my next project will be trying to make maps for Auckland, with POI's and if possible Geodata. I haven't gotten round to working out how to create maps yet so I'm lookin forward to learning all about this. Thanks again

DCEmu Newbie

im not upgradein im stayg in what works.. 3.52m33-4 gps290

Quote Originally Posted by eminded View Post
    im not upgradein im stayg in what works.. 3.52m33-4 gps290
    My four FAT PSP units all run 3.52 M33-4 for a reason
    The only unit running 3.71 M33 is my fifth PSP the Slim and that was just for ISO support + PSP-290 with MapThis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information