Thread: PSP apps via VNC - waste of time?

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP apps via VNC - waste of time?

I know this may sound a little harsh to those who've spent time developing the apps, but it seems a bit of a waste of time coding stuff that relies on VNC in order to work. I mean that's not actually creating a PSP app at all, it's just creating something for PC in a set-size small window. If you have to physically go to your PC in order to start it up then you might as well do whatever you're looking to do right there and then on the PC.

Rant over...but I think the effort should really go into portable PSP apps that people can take away with them. I know it's a hell of a lot more work creating stuff for PSP but it'd be a lot more practical. I do appreciate the time and effort that's gone into all the quality homebrew stuff so far.

i dont realy know what your talking about... if its the whole, like, internet on the psp, some people have been saying "your right there bye your linksys (router thing) why dont u just youse you computer? while you cant lay in a bed on a computer (lol, i stay up till 3 on my pc, and my back HURTS!!!) and you cant realy eat over your keybour (psp stand!) and there are those things!! so uh.... i dont know what your talking about drift....

though u gotta admit an actual psp app that u can use near hotspots and public routers would be really cool as well, oh and btw, im a little confused on how to work the psp apps via vnc, how is it u get em to work exactly? launch the pvnc and then the app on pc?

DCEmu Newbie

Are you saying that people have written apps that are designed for a PSP screen, that require you to run them remotely, on a PC, via VNC? *puzzled*

yep, i think thats it, w/ PVNC, u can basically control your comp and see whats on your screen via the PSP, and can run programs specially made so it will fit on your psp screen(such as web browser, IM, etc), mostly i think for using web browser and such around the house
    i was really confused too until i finally got how it works
    take a look at a post on pspupdates that explains how to do it and how it works
    http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5840

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah I'd have a read about PVNC first. The web browser was kinda useful before PVNC allowed you to scroll around the whole desktop, but the recently released video player via VNC is a bit of a joke, especially considering you can't get any audio through VNC.

DCEmu Newbie

is it at all possible to get audio through pvnc in a possible upgraded pnvc?? cause i have over 30 GB in music and itd be really awesome to be able to run sound off of this. let me know if im just dreaming or not

SaRlA

Thread Information