Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Grafx-16

All games I tryed work so far including bonks revenge and dungeon explorer

btw does anyone know how to play cd games?

edit: nvm answered my own question using google here's instructions incase anyone wants them

Q: How do I play PC Engine CD/TurboDuo games?
    A: You must copy the ISOs and MP3s of the game zip to your memory card, along with a TOC (Table of Contents) file. You can then load the "Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce" rom and load the CD game. MP3s must be 44,000KHz 128Kbps stereo. (Google for how to convert your mp3s to the appropriate bitrate)

1. Create a text file for your ISO+MP3 CD image.
    2. Go to http://www.necstasy.net/ to find the table of contents for your image.
    3. Cut and paste the table of contents into the text file.
    4. Save the file as "gamename".toc (i.e. DraculaX.TOC)
    5. Place your game files with the TOC file into a folder on your memory card.
    6. Load Hue.
    7. Load the Super CD-ROM System rom.
    8. Load the TOC file from your CD Game folder.

DCEmu Rookie

Hmm...always game for a new PCE emu....the main emu reason I'm afraid to do the custom firmware upgrades.

By the way...It took a long time but I'm on custom Firmware 3.03OE and would like to upgrade. I don't want to lose 1.5 games and am confused by the newest offerings....if someone could be so kind as to PM me with what I should upgrade to...and maybe a quick how to...I'd appreciate it...it took so long to do the OE update that things moved way beyond and I lost track of everything....thanks....

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by jrsmaster411 View Post

Q: How do I play PC Engine CD/TurboDuo games?
    A: You must copy the ISOs and MP3s of the game zip to your memory card, along with a TOC (Table of Contents) file. You can then load the "Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce" rom and load the CD game. MP3s must be 44,000KHz 128Kbps stereo. (Google for how to convert your mp3s to the appropriate bitrate)

1. Create a text file for your ISO+MP3 CD image.
    2. Go to http://www.necstasy.net/ to find the table of contents for your image.
    3. Cut and paste the table of contents into the text file.
    4. Save the file as "gamename".toc (i.e. DraculaX.TOC)
    5. Place your game files with the TOC file into a folder on your memory card.
    6. Load Hue.
    7. Load the Super CD-ROM System rom.
    8. Load the TOC file from your CD Game folder.
    Big thanks to you sir for those detailed instructions. I was always too lazy to hunt down a definitive way to play Turbo Grafx CD games on PSP.

I have a Turbo Duo system which includes the Gate of Thunder 3-in1 CD which also includes Bonk. How do I convert actual Turbo CD game discs (not downloaded game zips) to proper ISO+MP3 needed for this emulator?

I'm a collector and have been wanting to hunt down some Turbo CD games for my collection so knowing how to convert/rip the discs would be helpful.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. And thanks again jrmaster411.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Big thanks to you sir for those detailed instructions. I was always too lazy to hunt down a definitive way to play Turbo Grafx CD games on PSP.

I have a Turbo Duo system which includes the Gate of Thunder 3-in1 CD which also includes Bonk. How do I convert actual Turbo CD game discs (not downloaded game zips) to proper ISO+MP3 needed for this emulator?

I'm a collector and have been wanting to hunt down some Turbo CD games for my collection so knowing how to convert/rip the discs would be helpful.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. And thanks again jrmaster411.
    Papito... teach how you can create an iso image and rip the audio is againts Dcemu´s rules ( i received an infraction once because i teached how convert ISO images) . But you can see a lot of tutorials including how repair damaged CDs and information about the correct TOC of every CD/Super-CD here - http://www.necstasy.net/ .

I tought .pmf files were illegal because you need the official SOE tools that were leaked
    /* Homebrew */
    NanpureR4 *****
    PSPWOL

DCEmu Coder

Not to be too accusatory without much evidence but there's no readme included, and with this amount of information given I'm led to believe this is a port. It's probably violating the license of whatever source it's using, but that's not surprising since most emulators for PSP hosted here are as well.

Would like some confirmation that I'm wrong before looking at this more.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Not to be too accusatory without much evidence but there's no readme included, and with this amount of information given I'm led to believe this is a port. It's probably violating the license of whatever source it's using, but that's not surprising since most emulators for PSP hosted here are as well.

Would like some confirmation that I'm wrong before looking at this more.

Actually....

All I ever did was post this on ********** forums.... because people liked the Icon with the commercial.. that's it

Its NO DIFFERENT IN ANY WAY FROM THE LATEST VERSION THAT YOU CAN GET ANYWHERE..

Its not a port, its not a new release, its not anything new at all... all I did was run it through PSPBrew and add in what I thought looked good on the XMB

Man this is getting out of hand!!

If you guys want news then consider the fact that Chilly WIlly is VERY CLOSE to finishing the Media Engine version of the SNES emulator for the slim

that's news

Thanks for clearing that up, Illegal. I got excited for a second there thinking that someone was carrying the PCE emulation torch.

If anyone is actually looking at picking it up, e makes the source for e[mulator] publicly available, and it already has HuCard emulation down pat (I've thrown several dozen HuCards at it and they all run flawlessly), as well as the solid basics of S/CD emulation as well. It probably just needs to be modified to have better CD audio emulation and to dynamically load what it needs from data tracks instead of trying to load all of the data into memory at once. It's so well done and close to being finished that it'd be a shame to see someone start from scratch at this point. In fact, while I haven't had the free time to look into it too closely, Mednafen does do an excellent job of S/CD emulation, so I've got a strong hunch that you could probably patch up e[mulator] with Mednafen's audio processing routines fairly easily.

[QUOTE=b8a;532509]Thanks for clearing that up, Illegal./QUOTE]

Anytime.. I was kind of excited that I made the front page of several sites tho.. YAY me

Hey B8A if you would please be so kind as to request the source for DGEN from http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/

that would be awesome... it seems as tho you might be one of the only people able to do so

thanks in advance if you can

DCEmu Newbie

Illegal I like the update but yeah for a moment I thought this was a new TG-16 emulator too. Untill I tried AirZonk and it locked up as soon as I moved the character.

Man someone really should update this TG-16 emulator. This emulator is so out of date. The same goes for the Snes emulator. This TG-16 emulator has so much potential too. Awesome sound and runs full speed. It just needs better compatibility.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information