Poll: Would you like to see a professional produced DDD#01?

Thread: Dreamcast Demo Disc #01: Professional release or download?

Post Dreamcast Demo Disc #01: Professional release or download?

Yet another topic about the Dreamcast Demo Disc #01 which was almost as often delayed than Duke Nukem Forever.

First of all, the DDD#01 release will still happen. I'm going to be honest why it was delayed for almost 2 years and hope you don't feel that disappointed after all. We had the concept of the DDD#01 in 2003, and wanted to produce 2.000 pieces and give it away for free at Lik-Sang. After we contacted a lot of DC scene intern programmers and asked if it's okay to add their game / application / emulator to this disc, we wanted to wait to give them a bit more time for a new version and some even to release brandnew content, which need time as you know. After months and months of waiting, almost nothing happend. Some projects were even cancelled without telling us a single word. And then the crappiest thing happend. Legal issues.

Yes, we indeed had some issue with... legal questions. I can't tell you more than this, but believe me that the last months were a pretty busy and expencive time.

Now, 2005, we finally want to finish it, although it's "just" a compilation of the best DC scene production and mostly designed for collectors and beginners. Beginners in that way, that we want to get new interested people in this subculture due this disc who were never connected to the DC scene before (like Japanese gamers, retro gamers, ...).

Now I want to ask you, since we would have to publish the CD all by ourself. Would you agree that this would be a good idea, would you even buy a copy for US$2.50 - 5.00 to have the "best-of-collection" of the DC scene in your shelves or would is it just worth a download?

The CD version would offer you:
    * CD jewel case
    * Front and backsheet in color
    * Small manual
    * Professional pressed CD with color print on top

Your 2 cents...?

By the way: The same topic is also on the forums of Dreamcast-Scene and DCEmulation in order to reach the opinions of most of the DC scene.

I think a professional release would be a really cool idea. $5.00US is really not that much to ask. If you were asking $15 or $20, then that would be out of control for a demo disc/best of. However, $5 is perfect.
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Newbie

what whould be on it

Blog Entries

i think it would be a great idea

Bumping an old topic eh? Good thing cause I never saw it.

Definately a professionally pressed disc.

it's already been decided that it will be a hosted image for public download.

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/commu...opic.php?t=292

sorry, I really wanted the pressing too

-King

Hello:

It's not a bad idea. It'll be cool to have those demos on a neat disc. And $5 are an affordable price to reduce your downloading time and effort to create something like that yourself.

Thread Information