Thread: WebFest (16-10-2007) - homebrew PSP game

Banned

psp WebFest (16-10-2007) - homebrew PSP game

via pdroms:

WebFest is a tunnel shooter game for PSP, based mostly on Tempest, but with slightly modified gameplay. This version is compiled for PSP firmware 1.50, so may not work on the newer slimline PSP2000 yet.

Thanks to Jum himself for the news via the PDRoms webboard: http://www.pdroms.de/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=390

Download: http://jum.pdroms.de/

DCEmu Pro

Wow. This is one of the most original games i've seen in a long time. It's really good. Jum, thanks for the great homebrew game.

It works on the Slim, but when exiting through the Home button, it crashes the PSP. Fun game!

Screenshots?

I played the GBAX version a lot. I'm installing the update now.

It is vector graphics shooting game. Fun.

I really liked the way he did the spinning effects! Instead of them being stationary. Like, in the original.. T@mpest. But, if I pause the game.. it will shut down after a few secs.. I'm running in on CFW 3.52 M33-3. Still a blast to play tho!

DCEmu Newbie

Default thanks

thanks for the feedback dudes! I'm happy that you all seem to be having fun with it

Also pleased that it seems to work on slimline PSP.

I promise to try fix the PAUSE/EXIT bug.

Also promise to try improve/polish the level designs, cos the difficulty curve is a bit bumpy (!), and some of the levels are crap.

- Jum
    Edit: added screenshots for those ppl who are "imagination impaired" (Using iRShell's very convenient "note button" screenshot function - thanks iRShell dudes!)

DCEmu Pro

I must agree with the above posters. This is an original, fun and addictive homebrew game with great graphics and cool sounds. I'll install it to the memory stick with iR Shell on and try to get you guys some screenshots.

Thanks a lot, jum. Definitely looking forward to future updates. It runs perfectly so far on a Fat 3.71 M33-2 with 1.50 KPv2, by the way.
    Also, thanks to Kojote for posting. I wouldn't have noticed this game otherwise.

Thread Information