Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simple slim - gps hookup

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    BTW, I am pretty much done with the serial version of MapThis! for the slim.. I still want to run some tests before I publish the binary. It should be out in a day or 2..
    Get your cables ready :-)
    Three days have passed………………

Quote Originally Posted by tianjiaofc View Post
    Three days have passed………………
    Yeah and for a two posting Noob that cant understand that Deniska is doing this for free and donations and maby he had to take a day off programming a freeware for reasons unknown!?
    ( He may be sick, or just needed a break. ) is it hard to wait just a couple of days more than two perhaps ??

Or do you suppose that people that work for free always hold their deadlines ?
    Give him a break, Geeez...

Oic………………

Actually, I did get a bit sick, but that is not the main reason for the delay..
    I was getting mixed reports from some of my testers so I wanted to investigate more.. Apparently some of the comm problems were due to a faulty cable that pc-mobile.com folks donated to me... since it was an early prototype, there was a small short in the cable, which would occur whenever the cable is moved/bent..

I had to put together a new cable myself and do some extra testing to rule out the software fault.. plus i want to patch some small memory bug in the new zoom algorithm which causes occasional lockups... so hand on for a few more days.. it's coming..

Well, I decided to post the test version (with bugs mentioned above) so people can start testing and giving feedback..
    It must be ran under 3.xx kernel and should work on both thin and phat psps..
    - set HOLUX4SLIM=1 to use with generic gps receiver (holux gpslim236-240, M1000-1200, etc)
    - set HOULX4SLIM=0 to use with psp-290 gps unit.
    Note that you need to restart the program after changing the state of this variable, as it loads the required modules on startup.

when used with generic gps unit, you can control the sound output following way:
    if the serial port plugged in AFTER the program is started - the sound will be routed to internal speakers. if the serial port plug is in during the program's startup then the sound will go to headphones..

have fun..
    I'll post more stable version in a few days..

DCEmu Newbie

Default thanks

thank you deniska!! Just waiting on my holux cable for my psp slim from pc-mobile.net.

Hello Deniska! If you would be so kind,please post images of both slim and fat psp serial plugs,and mark on them which pins are the same so I can solder my Neoflash Motion Kit to Slim serial plug and use it I will be very happy if you do it :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by gambiting View Post
    Hello Deniska! If you would be so kind,please post images of both slim and fat psp serial plugs,and mark on them which pins are the same so I can solder my Neoflash Motion Kit to Slim serial plug and use it I will be very happy if you do it :thumbup:
    check out these threads (together with the root post in this thread):
    http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.p...ght=slim+video
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30035

They have all the info/pics that you need to know

DCEmu Newbie

How i can made it?

DCEmu Newbie

Help me plese i have fspekers and usb. How i can made a cable?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information