Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE]{ANY PSP} Pandora | Universal PSP Unbricker/3.71 M33 installer

No this is a BSoD

and it sounds like you need to install the 1.5 kernel addon

you can grab it from www.dark-alex.org

Also, if you have a battery why are yo remaking it? O rare you just making am ore updated version of the MS

I forgot to mention also that I had a slimline... It started out at 2.6 then I updated it (SLAP!!!!!!!!) to 3.71.

When I run the addon it says it's only for standard psp's... I'm guessing fatties.

I entered recovery mode to check the game folder homebrew kernel and changed it to 1.5... still same message. As of the moment it's still 1.5

Game could not be started blah blah blah numbers...

Any other ideas buddy? Also thanks for the help... the more I learn from you the more I can post and help others out!
    Last edited by PimPeDoutGeese; January 10th, 2008 at 20:15.

Ahh, shoulda mentioned the slim part

The pandora installers should launch, if not head of to qj.net and search for the 3.XX installers

I was following the guide... I messed up somewhere and I know now that my psp battery is slim... didn't think it was though, didn't exactly fit in my PSP but it just stopped workin all of a sudden... oh well back to walmart.

I need to read up more on hellcats installer... I really like it but couldn't get it to work properly... couldn't get PSP to boot from card either.... However it did run/install. But I'm not COMPLETELY stupid, I did read the readme, and I followed the steps... still won't run certain brews and it should....

I MUST BE MISSING A STEP LOL ARGG... Thanks for the help guys.

Is there a way for me to reinstall CFW?? I wonder if that's even the issue here...

EDIT: Well I dunno if it's the battery or not but it powers on... but after some of the .txt changes that were made it boots to notihng. Black Screen... just led... kinda like a pand...... man I look stupid lol but still cant boot certain brews... somethings up cant run anything that needs 1.5 and I don't know how to remedy that... atleast I think thats my problem... thanks for the ear
    Last edited by PimPeDoutGeese; January 10th, 2008 at 23:40.

DCEmu Newbie

okay dude thanks for clearing that up but theres something lse about the guide that confuses me.
    after the "5 files copied" step you need to exit usb and run pandoras battery creator rite. well after your done with that and the firmware installer as well you say usb needs to be reconnected and it'll display then message saying msipl.bin has been copied. how many times do i need to press 1 and enter to bring me from the "5 files copied"n screen to the "msipl.bin has been copied" screen? because that bit seemed very confusing to me and youve said press 1 and enter after each step EVEN WHEN THE PSP IS OUT OF USB MODE. lol that was a mistake right?
    Last edited by pandaemon; January 11th, 2008 at 03:29.

Quote Originally Posted by pandaemon View Post
    okay dude thanks for clearing that up but theres something lse about the guide that confuses me.
    after the "5 files copied" step you need to exit usb and run pandoras battery creator rite. well after your done with that and the firmware installer as well you say usb needs to be reconnected and it'll display then message saying msipl.bin has been copied. how many times do i need to press 1 and enter to bring me from the "5 files copied"n screen to the "msipl.bin has been copied" screen? because that bit seemed very confusing to me and youve said press 1 and enter after each step EVEN WHEN THE PSP IS OUT OF USB MODE. lol that was a mistake right?
    Yes you can press 1 then enter if the PSP isnt connected, but beware, you may wind up screwing up a step and having to start over.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtentpeg View Post
    Yes you can press 1 then enter if the PSP isnt connected, but beware, you may wind up screwing up a step and having to start over.
    okay, so once i get "5 files copied" i can immedeatly turn off usb, run the two pandora programs from the psp, then reconnect and press 1 and enter only after reconnecting?

andn another small query if ya dont mind.
    whats that stuff about nand dumping and restoring?
    in the other guide ive read it says that nand dumping is recommended[just like having a flash backup is recommended when downgrading a psp] what exactly is it any way? and thanks a lot dude!

ps
    hey ive laso heard that you cant play umds on an m33 enabled psp. does that mean that i'll have to use isos and the daxz iso loader?
    Last edited by pandaemon; January 11th, 2008 at 05:01.

1. Yes, wiat for them to be copied, run the rpograms, reconnet, press 1 then ener
    2. a NAND dump is recommended. the NAND is the chip in your PSP taht holds the lash files. The NAND dump is a full backup with partition tables and all.

3. Don't know where yo heard that. You can play UMDs and ISOs on M33 straight from the XMB

DCEmu Newbie

thanks a lot man. although i dont see the pointn of dumping the nand if my psp's a full brick and its flash is screwed up any way lol...

DCEmu Newbie

So, I believe I followed the guide to the letter and the battery worked fine for updating my PSP phat from 3.03 OE to 3.71 M33, but whenever I try to run it in my friend's bricked PSP Slim (The Star Wars Darth Vader one) I get the blank screen you mention, and when I hit X the orange LED flashes very briefly and then does nothing.

Needless to say it's still bricked.

Edit1: I tried a newer version of the cemetary thingie and notice that the update gets stuck at formatting flash1
    Last edited by t3kdr4g0n; January 12th, 2008 at 04:16.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information