Map This! 0.5.0ZZ (Nov 4, 2007)
Only tested it on PSP290 and PSP SLIM (M33 3.71-2).
Download (with source code):
Since I spent quite some time spliting up files and changing structures to
make the whole source code more maintainable, I hope people can benefit from
my work and further improve the program. Any comments and suggestions are
- top panel: add signal bar, battery info including percentage and remaining
time. Longtitute and latitude will always remain regardless of GPS
being on or off.
- GPS side panel: add max speed info, and estimate time and arrival time
info for trip.
- O button is genrally used as cancel button, the same as SELECT. When
in POI list, TRIANGLE is used to access search menu.
- RTRIGGER is used to combine with other button to performance short cuts
or extra functions.
- RTRIGGER + DPAD: 3 time scroll speed for maps
- RTRIGGER + UP: POI look up
- RTRIGGER + DOWN: Address look up
- RTRIGGER + LEFT: GPS record when gps is on
- RTRIGGER + RIGHT: satellite info
- RIGHT button is assigned to change track up mode in reverse order
- LTRIGGER is used to access _MY_POIS, and you can find your favorite address
in the map much faster. Originally it is assigned to rotate map in anti-
clockwise order, now you can do that by using LTRIGGER + RTRIGGER.
- SQUARE can turn GPS statuc on and off.
- start up map must be chosen, either from config, or choose when the program is
started. Fixed a bug when selection is cancelled, the program exits.
- beep can be disabled or enabled in config.txt.
- changed some time delay code, so access to menus is faster.
- remember your previous menu selection
- config file changes:
- in edit mode, every line is changeable
- remove the trailing strange characters for startupmap
- most lists can be accessed in a wrap-around fashion.
- code cleanup (I really hate to see a 5000+ line c file)
- move most of code in main.c/h to other files according to their logical
structures: Display, Menu, GPS, Basic, PSPIO
- clean up global variables
- change a few inefficient implementation.
- other minor changes: see comments by ZZ.
- only test on PSP-290, code for generic GPS might be broken
- internationalization might be broken for GPS panel display
- might have some bugs.
- make POI file editable and deletable inside the program
- Group global parameters to structures
- wifi map upload not working at all (never works)
- alert when no map is present
- occasional freezing when map is zoomed in or out (related to 0.5.0)
Download Above and Give feedback Via Comments
Nice to see, new people experimenting with the code!
Code clean up is definitely overdue - i'll try to merge some of the structural changes in to the official version.
I am not too thrilled with shortcuts and buttons overloading - I think it gets confusing (much like in IRshell) and tough to remember all the combos and differences for different modes...
Nice ! Hope Deniska's official version benefits from this one.
I agree on the button combo's.
I hope you can edit the new 5.05 beta version ZZ !
I also tried the several official versions of Map This!, and none has map uploading working on my slim. It is not a big issue to me though.
the wifi code was initially designed for 1.5 kernel and never tweaked as it appears that most of the people don't use the feature anyway.
You are right - taking most of the init/resolution routines out of the wget thread and running them in the main should help.. Of course, the update status screen must be re-designed too...
PS: I spent some time today cleaning up the code.. Once I am done, i'll post the cleaned up version in the dev thread..
But rotate map's with LTRIGGER + RTRIGGER doesn't work
When I press that I've got adresses.
Thanks for this release !
I hope you will update that
the rotate map seems to work for me but i have another problem. ive got the 290 and when i put it in gps mode it doesnt get a signal or do anything besides bring up the lat/lon side screen. the d/l was ready to install and use right? im not sure if its my psp or gps unit b/c everytime i hook my chotto shot up to the usb i have to play with it to get it to work. basically like i said i just need to know if i can use this on 3.71m33 and gps-290 "straight out of the box" so to speak?
p.s. great job deniska! this version seems so easy to use if i can just figure out whether i got a hardware problem or not.
i did have a hardware/reception problem. i made an extension cable and got my maps d/l and it works great
I am very interested in this program I recently ordered the 290 and am trying to get the app to run on my 1001..... what exactly do I need to do ( firmware, install locations)???? please reply or pm me....... I have seen this in action and looks GREAT keep up the good work :thumbup:
having problem with no signal for the past 3-4 days now, i have a psp290 ordered it on ebay...installed mapthis 0.5.0 followed all instructions, can't get this thing to work! help!!!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)