Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Angband 3.0.6 for PSP v0.1

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Wacko`
    In the latest official release (0.3), does it run at 222mhz or still switches between 333 and 222? I'm trying to avoid using 333mhz as much as possible, but I am very interested in this game. =)
    It's still switching to 333 for the loading section then back to 222 when done, which really isn't necessary anymore. It's a one line change, will go ahead and get rid of it on my machine. Even if it has to rebuild the templates because you deleted the raws or edited the txt files it's still quite a bit faster with the latest dev version.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gendal
    It's still switching to 333 for the loading section then back to 222 when done, which really isn't necessary anymore. It's a one line change, will go ahead and get rid of it on my machine. Even if it has to rebuild the templates because you deleted the raws or edited the txt files it's still quite a bit faster with the latest dev version.
    I see, I am leaving on a trip in ~10 hours, I would appreciate it if you could upload your latest version (with as many bugfixes as possible ) by then. Thanks alot!

I tried 0.3 btw, and I love it =)

Quote Originally Posted by iapetus2k2
    Doesn't heavy armour reduce mana?
    Dunno. I've had the armor since the beginning of the game.
    *tries taking off all armor*
    Yup, it's the armor. Thanks.

PSP Coder

Note I am NOT Abszero, I did NOT get this project started. I am simply an angband fanboy who had gotten a rough DS version up before discovering that it really just worked out much better on the PSP thanks to Abszero's work. If my dev copies nuke your PSP don't blame Abszero. If you enjoy Angband you should probably thank him cause he did the lion's share.

Here is my latest DEVELOPMENT copy Angband_3.0.6.4b1.zip. This is just the eboot files for 1.5 in their respective directories. It should include Abszero's screenshot function I left out earlier and it doesn't overclock the cpu now. Abszero is pretty busy atm so not sure when a real release will come out so if you are adventerous you can try this out. I suck at packaging things up and getting them ready for mass consumption, so be warned =p

BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILES. This SHOULD be the best version yet, but who knows what I might have screwed up or left out. I would include .3 as a backup on my memory stick if I was going on a long trip =).

If you are really adventerous you can snag an early sneak preview of ToME too. It seems to work pretty nicely minus the slow movie animations, but I haven't really messed with it, nor will I till I get angband more polished. It was more a proof of feasibility than anything else.

Oh and if anything crashes let me know where, I haven't been able to recreate any crashes so far. Not sure where it was crashing with the high scores list before, I can't get it to now.

DCEmu Newbie

I just registered here so I could thank you for porting Angband over to the PSP, I've already wasted countless hours playing it.

I'm also very excited to see you've started on porting other ascii games over, maybe one day I'll see my favorite ascii game ADoM ported!

PSP Coder

I wish I could port ADoM but it's unfortunately closed source. If it's an angband variant and you are just dying to play it go ahead and ask, I might be able to port it easily. Abszero did most of the hard work, the rest is just refinement on my part.

Glad to hear people are enjoying it, a little bit of encouragement goes a long way.

DCEmu Newbie

Great Gendal! Thanks! A long trip indeed, I'll be gone for 2 and a half weeks =) Good luck with further development ^_^

Blog Entries

Thanks for the news ive made v1.0 psp eboots for both releases and screenshots can be found here http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/troublesofmiddleearth.shtml for your new port

PSP Coder

Default Releasing v.4

Going to go ahead and release v0.4. It's mostly bugfixes and code cleanup, along with a pretty nice speed improvement as far as memorystick access is concerned. Similar to the previous releases by Abszero, I stuck in the 1.0 and 1.5 binaries, though I have no way of testing the 1.0.

For now you can get it here:Angband_3.0.6.4.zip

v0.4 (07/21/2005)
    - Loading and saving should be much faster now, as well as responsiveness in
    the help system [Gendal]
    - Removed overclock during loading, no longer necessary with general speed
    improvements [Gendal]
    - Removed all fixed path's in code. Should now be possible to rename directory
    to whatever you please. Note older versions are unable to operate in
    anything other than an "Angband" directory [Gendal]
    - PSP bmp screen dump will now ask for a filename. Loading screendumps will not
    work however. [Gendal]
    - If an error causes Angband to call it's quit function, pause and let the user
    see the error, as well as exit more gracefully. [Gendal]
    - Fixed local mktime implementation which would sometimes result in regenerating
    the template files when it wasn't really necessary. [Gendal]

Blog Entries

thanks for the release

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information