Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downgrading psp slim 3.60

DCEmu Pro

Default Downgrading psp slim 3.60

SO I just bought a brand-spankin-new silver psp, and I've been hangin out with the psp scene for 2 years? but I need a bit of help trying to downgrade the slim. Yes I have a original psp with 3.52m33 so no issues there. I just need a bit of help with the Pandora and getting 3.71 or whatever newest custom firmware is out.

Please help me out I don't know jack about Pandora stuff. I'm sure you guys get a bunch of people asking for help on this particular subject but all I need is a link to a tutorial, or something that looks a bit like one. but if you want you can just teach me a little sum sum about it. Hell yeah.

Well for pandora you need a homebrewaficated PSP.
    Then you can get a pandora easy-installer.
    Then just follow the instructions.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by unpure View Post
    Well for pandora you need a homebrewaficated PSP.
    Then you can get a pandora easy-installer.
    Then just follow the instructions.
    Thanks for your help! I'm now on 3.60m33, running homebrew, psx games, and my (legally owned) emu's.

Now I heard there is a new custom firmware? 3.71? Is it safe? Should I install it? And if I do, what patch should I install?

im having a problem here. i used the pandora easy installer and now whenever i try to use this battery in the psp it just shows a black screen. i made the pandora battery in my fat psp but im wanting to use it in a slim psp. if i boot up the psp with a wall charger and than place the battery in it will run but it will not do anything from a plain boot. is my battery bricked? or am i just not doing something right?

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by roborapist View Post
    im having a problem here. i used the pandora easy installer and now whenever i try to use this battery in the psp it just shows a black screen. i made the pandora battery in my fat psp but im wanting to use it in a slim psp. if i boot up the psp with a wall charger and than place the battery in it will run but it will not do anything from a plain boot. is my battery bricked? or am i just not doing something right?
    Remember to set the memory stick up properly. I think that's the problem.

The battery is pandorafied, so the battery is fine.

Cloudy

DCEmu Pro

the slim doesn't support the menu but if you press X the memstick will homebrewafy your slim, that is, if you properly made your memstick.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    the slim doesn't support the menu but if you press X the memstick will homebrewafy your slim, that is, if you properly made your memstick.
    I properly made my memstick and battery and I get the same Black screen as the posted above on my Slim and when I press x like you said, it sits for about 20 seconds and turns its self off. Any further advice?

DCEmu Newbie

I created the memstick and battery perfectly. When I put them in my phat PSP the Downgrade menu pops up perfectly. BUT when I put those same things in my slim the psp turns off after about 25 seconds. Tried pressing x and the orange light never comes on. Any ideas?

DCEmu Pro

Did you install the memory stick slim downgrade patch for Pandora's memory stick? That may be your problem.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Did you install the memory stick slim downgrade patch for Pandora's memory stick? That may be your problem.
    Thanks for trying to help. I went about my Downgrade another way and it worked perfectly. But thanks again for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information