Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Independant Software Graphics

DCEmu Pro

Default DC Independant Software Graphics

Some of the more observant forumites, may have noticed that there has been a shift in the homebrew scene, a shift to be more grown up. The Scene is evolving, into Dreamcast Independant Software. We even have our own ratings board now. So what we need is a logo and a template for covers. *Post thine ideas here.

Default Re: DC Independant Software Graphics

Just changed the topic title a little and made this sticky.

As Mental2k stated - we need a cover template!.

We'd like to have a standard cover template that would be used throughout the DC community for promoting all the independant software out there.

A logo for the cover is also requested, replacing the current ones used (which are licenced by SEGA), so please no 'SEGA' and no swirl on the cover template, although we could come up with an alternative swirl design I'm sure .

Good Luck!

DCEmu Pro

Here's a little idea I had, for the DIS logo.

Dream Coder

I think an interesting logo would have a D that is similar to the Dreamcast font that was used for Dreamcast on the main logo, the I should be a lower case i like a DC swirl for a dot, and the S a sega styled font. I ain't good with that stuff, but if anyone can do it, i think it might look spiffy =)
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

I wouldnt use copyrighted material though i think its quite neat when people can make there own creations for the dreamcast and it doesnt use copyrighted material just shows how creative that person is

DCEmu Newbie

[quote author=quzar link=board=art;num=1096803412;start=0#3 date=10/03/04 at 10:29:46]I think an interesting logo would have a D that is similar to the Dreamcast font that was used for Dreamcast on the main logo, the I should be a lower case i like a DC swirl for a dot, and the S a sega styled font. I ain't good with that stuff, but if anyone can do it, i think it might look spiffy =)[/quote]

Well doing that idea will still have the problem of using the dc swirl, even if it's for a dot on the 'i', and using the SEGA font is still like using their copyright probably. Not that i care about it that much, since everyone is using copyrighted material since the start anyway, beats of rage and mods are one of the best exemple of it, and not many are complaining about it.

Another thing is that personally, i could agree with the copyright stuff if it'sonly about 'homebrew' or 'Independant' software that are being sold, n that case yeah having all original stuff might be needed, but for freeware stuff we shouldn't care that much. i could talk about that matter even more but it will probably turn in the usual flame war, so i end it right here.

I agree totally with what you're saying VampiricS, if you look at a post I made within another topic you'll see 'does it matter' in there, but this is a chance for a non coder to contribute something. If people don't want to use the template that's the choice they have, it would be nice to have a 'homebrew template' though.

Don't worry, if the flame war begins, I've got a huge extinguisher at the ready .

DCEmu Pro

yeah the reason i chose that font was cause it was reminiscent of the Sega font, while being nothin like it. I think we could use a similar font to the DC one, but I think one of the great things about the DIS is that we're sort of distancing ourselves from the official. So something reminiscent, without actually being the same. If you get what I mean.

Meta your idea sounds good!

Yeah - I agree about the logos, etc. It shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a logo that's similar to the DC swirl, but that's not ripping it off. After all - the GP32 used an incredibly similar logo. ;D
    DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
    DC Evolution - Disc Images
    The DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.

DCEmu Pro

WTF what happened to the last few posts?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information